Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my 04 430 is due for its service next week. i was wondering what is done in the 60k service and also is there anything i can ask for.. freebies e.t.c. they have offered a lexus loyalty thing which has reduced the price from £650 to £480ish.. but was wondering what else is possible

thanks

Anuj

Hi Anuj

According to my service book, the 60,000 is a major one but this time it will have new spark plugs. In terms of freebies, you might get a free lap dance from the nice lady who works at reception :blink:

I can't remember how much the service cost though as this was done by Lexus Hatfield before picking the car up a few months ago.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

I'm with Mikeb on that one. Was told when my one had a 60,000 service, that the cambelt was good for 100,000 miles. I'm going to have mine done in the next year or so. Just for peace of mind. Id hate to hear what all those bending valves would sound like.

If I remember correctly the lap dancer was a Lexus special offer only during October 2007 and has now been replaced with £50.00 worth of gift vouchers for the local massage parlour :whistling: However if you booked the service in October they will honour the lapdancer offer.

I'm with Mikeb on that one. Was told when my one had a 60,000 service, that the cambelt was good for 100,000 miles. I'm going to have mine done in the next year or so. Just for peace of mind. Id hate to hear what all those bending valves would sound like.

It has been said that the LS has a 'non contact' engine so a broken belt would only give a sound of the belt flapping around - however I'm not totally sure so it might be an expensive error to make :crybaby:

in my cam-belt book the LS (mines a 91) is classed as an interferance engine,meaning an expensive repair job,belts arn't that much really for the peace of mind it brings,it took me and a mate 10hrs and a couple of quid for the swear box (it isn't the easiest job on the car )due to the skinned knuckles but the satisfaction when we put it all back together with no pieces left was worth the time and pain,oh and saved a few quid in the process

Well, doing a bit of research here and other places (http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=16355 Colins Barbers reply) it would seem that Colin (knowledgebase master!) says its not interferance.

There are so many HUGE differences between the LS and GS engines that its not really worth comparing them on any level!

Just cos Colin says so doesn't mean he's right though...

Doing a bit of poking around myself, I think they changed the V8 engine design from non-interference to interference in 1998. And most of the sites selling belts state that post-98 engines *are* interference, and prior to that not, plus they have different belt part numbers prior/post that date.

But get the thing changed anyway, a total loss of power whilst doing 90+ on a busy motorway, or alternatively at 3am on a freezing night in the middle of nowhere and no mobile phone signal will make you wish you had!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links