Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Capacity

Cathal

just back from college and lecture was on about engines and oil filters and made me want to change mine before i go on about a 550km round trip.

I've searched the site and gona get Castrol manetec 5w30 fully syn

but dont know how much oil to put in i'll probaly have to buy two containers yes??

So just wondering the capacity, and i'll be getting a oil filter from lexus

new oil and lexus oil filter in, feels great when new oil is in, runs smoother and peace of mind

btw anyone who tinks any oil filter will do, they wont.

some guy did a study of about 6 oil filters including Halfords and pictures and all, and bacasically the manufactures one was clearly the best, he opened them up so you can have a look and did a report on all of them, its on google i'll try get link again

edit: how do you guys change the oil filter i got it off by going underneeth the car and had my arm wedged trying to remove it got it easially did not need any tools but just thinking how would ya get the oil filter wrench in there of do you remove it from the top??

its removed from underneath.

ive always said that the OEM Toyota filers are the best

ye defo are, pain in the bo***x to change from underneeth because you cant see if its leaking after fitted

• 10 years later...
On 11/7/2007 at 10:40 PM, Noel said:

1G-FE oil change only=3.9 Liters recomended grade 10W30/SJ

1G-FE oil change with filter=4.1 Liters recommended grade 10W30/SH

good luck :)

On 11/8/2007 at 10:00 AM, KnightUnit said:

if your just draining the oil and changing the filter, 4.0 litres dead on is enough, 4.1 tends to over fill due to obviously a small amount of oil still being left in the engine.

Thread from the dead!

Not too familiar with the engine codes on the IS200 but would the 1G-FE be from around 2002/2003? If so and the sump capacity is 3.9/4.1 litres can anyone give me the same info for my 2JZ IS300?

• 2 weeks later...