Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Hi All,

My dad has an IS200 SE and thought i'd come over and say Hello!

As you can tell from my username that i own a Scooby and it's a WRC Edition Type R. Even though everytime i drive the car it puts a smile on my face, i'm looking at starting a new project. Been reading through this forum and i must say that there is some very good information on here! I didn't even realise that a Turbo or supercharger was available for the IS200!

Always liked the lexus! Especially as my dad has had his one since brand new from 2001! And it has only done 30K miles!

So i am on the look out for an IS200 Sport and then going to go with the Turbo Conversion, 18" alloys, lowered, exhaust etc etc.

Just got to get my Scooby up for sale and keep an eye out for the right Lexus. :)

Cheers

Lee

welcome to the LOC mate, good luck selling the scooby. had one myself a little while ago :D

i dont suppose your around southampton by any chance? there is a type RA with cusco decals that i see regular as clockwork :D

one thing i will say to warn you in advance, the scooby has such an aggresive power delivery, you will certainly miss it, i would honestly doubt that any FI'd is200 could replicate the feeling you get in a scooby at about 3k rpm....

its a bit like,

1k.. its idleing, push the peddle down.

2k.. its picking up the flat 4 starts to sound aggresive

2.5k you start to feel pushed back in your seat when....

3k ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE, you are FORCED back in your seat, the blood is rushing out of your eyes into the back of your skull and then..

oh my we just hit the redline at 8k :D

personally, i enjoy driving my altezza far more than i ever did my scooby, monsterous power is great fun, but you get used to the feeling of the power, it becomes les exciting and the novelty does ware off IMHO.

welcome to the LOC mate, good luck selling the scooby. had one myself a little while ago :D

i dont suppose your around southampton by any chance? there is a type RA with cusco decals that i see regular as clockwork :D

one thing i will say to warn you in advance, the scooby has such an aggresive power delivery, you will certainly miss it, i would honestly doubt that any FI'd is200 could replicate the feeling you get in a scooby at about 3k rpm....

its a bit like,

1k.. its idleing, push the peddle down.

2k.. its picking up the flat 4 starts to sound aggresive

2.5k you start to feel pushed back in your seat when....

3k ALL HELL HAS BROKEN LOOSE, you are FORCED back in your seat, the blood is rushing out of your eyes into the back of your skull and then..

oh my we just hit the redline at 8k :D

personally, i enjoy driving my altezza far more than i ever did my scooby, monsterous power is great fun, but you get used to the feeling of the power, it becomes les exciting and the novelty does ware off IMHO.

I'm from Fareham.. So just outside Southampton. I knew of a Cusco graphic Type R that was going around Pompey. But that has been reverted back to completely standard. There is a Scooby meet in southampton monday night. So i will keep an eye out to see if this RA is there. Just out of curiosity.. is it white?

Is your Altezza Turbo'd? I had an Ibiza 20v Turbo before the Scooby and the power delivery was smooth and very quick. Wasn't like a bomb went off under the bonnet like the Scooby! Or as you described it "All hell has broken Loose" :lol:

Trouble is around my way there are loads of Scooby's, Skylines, Evo's, Civic Type R's etc. Wanted something different. So the thought of a Lexus IS200 + turbo kit etc was ideal. :)

Welcome to LOC. Good luck with your quest for an IS there's plenty for sale out there. When you get it, bring on the mods and we'll need pictures - lots and lots of pictures :)

Keith

Naked pictures please :winky: :tomato:

Welcome to LOC. Good luck with your quest for an IS there's plenty for sale out there. When you get it, bring on the mods and we'll need pictures - lots and lots of pictures :)

Keith

Go to my website, you'll find some there (not of me, *** that would be hideous!)

www.keithwylie.co.uk

Keith

Go to my website, you'll find some there (not of me, *** that would be hideous!)

www.keithwylie.co.uk

Hahah.

You should buy a SC or turboed! one

I'm from Fareham.. So just outside Southampton. I knew of a Cusco graphic Type R that was going around Pompey. But that has been reverted back to completely standard. There is a Scooby meet in southampton monday night. So i will keep an eye out to see if this RA is there. Just out of curiosity.. is it white?

Is your Altezza Turbo'd? I had an Ibiza 20v Turbo before the Scooby and the power delivery was smooth and very quick. Wasn't like a bomb went off under the bonnet like the Scooby! Or as you described it "All hell has broken Loose" :lol:

Trouble is around my way there are loads of Scooby's, Skylines, Evo's, Civic Type R's etc. Wanted something different. So the thought of a Lexus IS200 + turbo kit etc was ideal. :)

aye mate its a white one....

my altezza isnt turbo'd, been thinking about it, also been thinking of supercharging again but i have to admit im actually leaning towards chasing some NA power...

i think the 3s-ge could see me near 250bhp with the right work and that will do me :D

how much were you paing to insure the scoob mate? i was paying just over 600 fully comp on my modded STI the tezza isnt much cheaper at 520! lol

aye mate its a white one....

my altezza isnt turbo'd, been thinking about it, also been thinking of supercharging again but i have to admit im actually leaning towards chasing some NA power...

i think the 3s-ge could see me near 250bhp with the right work and that will do me :D

how much were you paing to insure the scoob mate? i was paying just over 600 fully comp on my modded STI the tezza isnt much cheaper at 520! lol

If it is the white RA i'm thinking off.. then i know the owner! :)

I'm paying around 2K! Reason being is that i turned 25 in june! Renewal not due till next March!

Been looking around for a IS200 Sport and still a lot of money for some very high mileage'd cars! :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links