Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I occassionally browse the Lexus UK website to salivate at the nearly new cars and dream. However, today I've noticed quite a few cars that have a little asterisk on them inviting you to submit offers!

Obviously, I'd expect to haggle in any case, but I was a little surprised to see it so openly encouraged for such a prestige marque.

Is this a sign of harder times for dealers as the credit crunch tightens?

I'm guessing that despite Lexus owners being better off than most people, most of their cars are still purchased on credit.

November is as quiet as the proverbial grave. December starts to see some movement, but this year I reckon no ones got any money

A Merc dealer has agreed to slash the cost of a brand new C Class with all the toys to the level I originally started to haggle with. But I don't want it :shutit: :whistling: :winky: so he thinks I've wasted his time...probably! Almost £3k off...

Anyway, if you're in the Market for a new or nearly new IS or 3 Series, now's the time to haggle - with the new C Class (out now) and new A4 (coming soon) they'll want to sell as many of these slighter older models as is possible...

A Merc dealer has agreed to slash the cost of a brand new C Class with all the toys to the level I originally started to haggle with. But I don't want it :shutit: :whistling: :winky: so he thinks I've wasted his time...probably! Almost £3k off...

It's one of the cars I am looking at.

What are your reasons for not wanting it, if you don't mind me asking?

It's one of the cars I am looking at.

What are your reasons for not wanting it, if you don't mind me asking?

Minor reasons: Over-all cost, it'll be too common (though I could live with those)

Medium reason: Back end looks crud, even in Sport spec (which is what I was offered), my IS is too cute

Biggest reason: I can't afford it without changing other Investment plans I have on the go...it'll also mean my RS4 dream will remain a dream :crying:

Funnily the dealer just rang me again to tell me they had a customer with dosh in hand...I said "...let'em have it..." :winky: even they could match my price, the finance deal was not that competitve, and it was subject to me taking their finance...too many ties...

Personally, IF I was to change, I would probably wait for the New A4, drive that first...then decide!! What I really want next is an Auto...Petrol or diesel...and even the IS250 Auto is not off limits...provided it don't bloomin' rattle...

Exiled - basically an IS 250 Auto (any variant spec is cool) is still the best VFM package around. The New A4 will be a good car, I'm sure, especially after the A5 which I think is awesome, but from a VFM point, it'll have to be sooooo much better to beat the IS......You ought to get into the Lex garage and strike a deal this month. Nows a good time to get a car on your drive by the end of Nov!! The C Class is good too, so you are spoilt for choice...

and even the IS250 Auto is not off limits...provided it don't bloomin' rattle...

Exiled - basically an IS 250 Auto (any variant spec is cool) is still the best VFM package around. The New A4 will be a good car, I'm sure, especially after the A5 which I think is awesome, but from a VFM point, it'll have to be sooooo much better to beat the IS......You ought to get into the Lex garage and strike a deal this month. Nows a good time to get a car on your drive by the end of Nov!! The C Class is good too, so you are spoilt for choice...

Jamboo - A "bloomin' rattle" may unfortunately be part of the package, if it was the only downside as it appears it might be then I'd live with it as I'm sure the dealership would do their utmost to cure it. You're so right on the subject of VFM, if you look at spec for spec on the cars you have mentioned and levels of discount availlable, as they are new models, then the gap could be huge. I'm willing the Lexus to be the one I like best, it'll have to be to make me part with my money, if it isn't I'll be disappointed, it's well infront at the moment as it clearly looks the best.

Too soon to take the plunge yet though, will be arranging test drives next month, plenty of time before my funds arrive in the new year.

Between now and then I'm hoping for a drop in the oil price coupled with the resolving of the banking crisis will boost to the FTSE by a 1000 points before my trackers run out of track. Not much chance, unfortunately.

Between now and then I'm hoping for a drop in the oil price coupled with the resolving of the banking crisis will boost to the FTSE by a 1000 points before my trackers run out of track. Not much chance, unfortunately.

I'm afraid that's unlikely. Changes to Level 3 reporting (how banks value their intangibles) at the end of this week is going to mean a wretched time for the markets for a good few months yet.

I fear we've only seen the tip of this iceberg so far. My brother works in banking and securitising debt (selling it on to the markets) is nigh on impossible at the moment according to him. This is going to make personal loans and mortgages more expensive next year, even if interest rates come down.

Sorry to wander off topic.

Back on topic. I might be tempted to try and do a deal on a Lexus before the end of the month.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links