Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexuscare Ipod Integration Kit

I'd love to know what the interface looks like. I'm thinking of getting the new iTouch (iPhone is crud and overpriced IMHO, every spotty yokal will have one soon...) and want to see if there is an interface cradle etc. Anyone know? Or is it just a USB connection?

Hi Jamboo,

You only get the iPod dock connector in your glove box. I'm a bit alarmed because there seems to be nothing to tether the iPod in the glovebox!! However, the cable is pretty sturdy and does seem to keep the iPod in it's place.

Scott

There also seems to be a "magic" playlist that collects together all the songs on the iPod and lets you play through these, I'm not too clear on this as it isn't the best manual in the world.

Isn't playlist 1 the full tracklisting on the iPod? It is on mine.

There also seems to be a "magic" playlist that collects together all the songs on the iPod and lets you play through these, I'm not too clear on this as it isn't the best manual in the world.

Isn't playlist 1 the full tracklisting on the iPod? It is on mine.

My 1st playlist is "Last Selected".

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Had mine fitted today, it as described by previous posters, only displays playlist name and current track (no artist/album name). I've attached some pics for those interested. You can shuffle through a playlist, select from 1-6 playlists, steering wheel controls advance previous/next through the current play list.

I have also tested it with my iPhone and it works great, so should work with the touch.

Scott

Scott

I have a Lexus ipod integration kit fitted too. However mine does not have the track list button, nor the name of the track. I've downloaded the latest apple software on my 3rd gen 30gB ipod and it is all up to date.

Can you confirm theat yours is the lexus std kit and what ipod have you got?

Does anyone else have this issue (Is just the 'CD' playlist numbers and no track/playlist names?

I had the kit fitted day before yesterday for my ipod Touch. very dissapointed that all you get is a metre of cable sticking out the glove box and not even a means of securing your ipod - all looks very shoddy.

Software appears unreliable (using multimedia). Track names were not appearing and steering wheel controls froze at one point. noticed navigation reminders were not being given unless on the map screen either. I did reload my user from memory and this seems to have improved things (let say its been doing what it shoudl for the last hour or so!)

Lexus are missing out on giving their customers an innovative implementation of this integration kit; apple give them all the data down the cable but at the other end its quite uninspiring. All it is is a cable stuck in the back of the external CD player plug in the MM unit.

If i get any problems tomorrow I'll be asking them to fix the software or take the whole thing out because of merchantable quality. My 9 year old could have done a better job of the install too :crybaby:

:question: Any anicdotes on the software? Dealerships seem to shrug their shoulders when you mention software problems!

:question: Any anecdotes on the software? Dealerships seem to shrug their shoulders when you mention software problems!

Here is a pic of my screen to compare with Scott's. No playlist name and no track names! this makes it next to useless.

I've now tried it with a new 4th Gen ipod as well and it is the same problem.

post-7363-1206803523.jpg

We've got the factory fit iPod integration on our Audi (£175) and there is a nice mount in the glovebox with plastic adaptors to fit different models from nanos through to the latest Classics - all well and good - but you still only get up to 6 playlists which show up as CDs 7 through to 12 and it doesn't show playlist names or track names, which is a bit disappointing.

Well, Lexus Birmingham have fixed my problem by fitting a different module (?) so now I get the playlist, track names and track list as Scott's.

I am pleased!

The playlist name is always displayed so you could have individual albums as a playlist which means you will then see album/track on the display. Also, if you name your playlist album-artist then you now have all the information displayed.

Good call Scott. This is a deal-breaker on the IS250 for me !

• 2 weeks later...
Well, Lexus Birmingham have fixed my problem by fitting a different module (?) so now I get the playlist, track names and track list as Scott's.

I am pleased!

Looks mine needs a new module as all I get are the CD1-6 and no track names or other options.

How long did the dealer take to fit the new module ?

• 1 month later...

I've still not had my iPod integration sorted out. The service manager rang me up to say "sorry that's how it's designed and there is no software upgrade".

I told him it was nonsense and emailed the screenshots of Scott's system.

I said "in any case it's shows all the features that are missing from mine in the manual".

I told them that Lexus Birmingham had fixed Smyggy's and the service guy said he'd see what he could do.

Well it's over a week now and I've heard nothing. Surely it's just a quick call to Birmingham to ask them what the module is that needs fitting ?

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking to get this too. I was wanting to ask those of you who have this, is the quality just as good as CD. I found with having my ipod plugged via the AUX the sound was a little lower and not as clear, however if the same tracks were put on CD it was much more clear and louder.

So any info regarding quality would be much appreciated and whether it is really worth it??

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking to get this too. I was wanting to ask those of you who have this, is the quality just as good as CD. I found with having my ipod plugged via the AUX the sound was a little lower and not as clear, however if the same tracks were put on CD it was much more clear and louder.

So any info regarding quality would be much appreciated and whether it is really worth it??

Thanks guys

Gary - see pm send me an e-mail.

the quality is better than the aux socket - just like any ipod connection - quality is better off the bottom plug than out the top. It's a good as an mp3 CD, nowhere near as good as 'proper' CD.

Thanks guys

Despite mine not showing the playlist names which Lexus are going to fix the sound quality is superb. Get one !

• 4 months later...

Mine works exactly as shown in Scott's post. It sounds fine. I have an issue with the Mark Levinson radio, which is woeful, but the system sounds fine when listening to a CD or the Ipod. My only real problem with it is that there seems to be a limit to how many albums you can access. It will move from CDs 1-6, and then show 7-12 as 1-6 again. After that, it returns to the first CD (or Ipod album). What if your Status Quo album is on the 13th CD? You won't get to hear it. :(

Can anyone help or advise?

BTW, I would prefer the connection to be in the centre console, as I stuggle to reach over and push the plug into the Ipod. The lead is quite short, and it's not always easy to tell which way up it should be when you're reaching over from the driver's seat. I am thinking of asking Lexus to move it to the centre for me.

Mine works exactly as shown in Scott's post. It sounds fine. I have an issue with the Mark Levinson radio, which is woeful, but the system sounds fine when listening to a CD or the Ipod. My only real problem with it is that there seems to be a limit to how many albums you can access. It will move from CDs 1-6, and then show 7-12 as 1-6 again. After that, it returns to the first CD (or Ipod album). What if your Status Quo album is on the 13th CD? You won't get to hear it. :(

Can anyone help or advise?

BTW, I would prefer the connection to be in the centre console, as I stuggle to reach over and push the plug into the Ipod. The lead is quite short, and it's not always easy to tell which way up it should be when you're reaching over from the driver's seat. I am thinking of asking Lexus to move it to the centre for me.

All I did was go to iTunes and set up a couple of dozen playlists each featuring a different artist. Then I moved all the artists' albums into their respective playlists. So now as I'm driving along I scroll through all the playlists until I find the artist I want and then go through that playlist until I find the track I want.

I think the integration could be much much better.

For a start if you have more than a couple of dozen playlist its a mare to navigate to.

Then when you get to the playlist you want, play some tracks then switch off the engine, when you get back you get "LAST SELECTED" displayed as the playlist. What the hell is the point of that as it is then next to the first playlist again. Why can't they just leave it to be the called the playlist you selected ?

You can't look at track names whilst on the move (a safety feature) but you can select POI icons to display and quick dial numbers !!!

Funniest is the manual that says the playlist are organised as disks 1-6 due to LIMITATIONS OF THE DISPLAY.

Limitations of the display ??? You can see 3D icons of buildings on the navigation system and rear camera view when parking and it's got a DVD player !!!

It's a pile of poo if I'm being honest.

I picked up my 2006 (56) IS250SE+MM a couple of weeks ago. As part of the deal, I got the ipod integration kit, but I've got the same problem as a couple of the previous posters...no track names or playlist names appearing on the screen. I got fobbed off by the dealer over the phone who said sometihng along the lines of , but have to take the car back to them for another matter, and have asked for a proper explanation from someone who knows what they are talking about!

So my main question is...Has anyone who had this problem had it successfully sorted out? Its not clear to me whether its a problem with the MM system, the ipod integration kit, or the ipod (mine is an ipod touch) itself.

Can anyone shed any further light on it?

Hi guys, don't post on here very often but saw the thread and thought i'd share my experience.

I originally owned a 2006 220d sport with mm. When the Ipod integration kit was first launched i decided to get it put in by lexus cheltenham.

Loved the car itself and all the toys but wasn't very happy with the MPG's i was getting. After several unsuccessful atempts by Lexus cheltenham to try and sort the problem, i eventually decided to trade the deisel in and changed to a 250 se-l auto with mm (they were clever enough to give me a 250 se-l auto as a cuortesy car!!!).

The 250 that i traded in for already had an ipod kit fitted so i was happy with that, however, during an extended test drive, i decided to plug my i-pod in and had the same problem that many of you guys are having (i.e. no track names or playlist names appearing on the screen.) On returning to the dealership i pointed this out to the salesman who said he would get one of the service guys to check it out. The bottom line was that if they couldn't sort this one out, they would take mine out of my 220 and swap it for the one in the 250 before i exchanged cars.

Anyway, went back a couple of days later and was told by the service dept. that the kit fitted in the 250 was for an old type (ie. is200 vehicle with no multimedial system). The correct system which had been fitted to my 220d was the one which should have been fitted to the 250 as well.

In the end, they swapped mine over so i have the correct one in my 250. By the sounds of it, there are two different kits and if you guys are having the same problem, i presume you also have the wrong kit fitted.

Hope this helps.