Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-f With Rs4 And M3

I think you have too much of this based on those who frequent forums or are online in general. Like everything else, the proportion of M3/S4 owners who are petrolheads on forums is miniscule compared to the number of M3/S4 owners world wide. For instance, how many Lexii are there in the UK, and how many of those owners are on LOC? Most will have these cars because of street cred and have money to burn, they will never see a track as long as they have holes in their arses. Your points are all valid to petrol heads, not to the average Joe with a big bank balance and nothing better to spend it on than fast toys.

I'm not trying to have a go, and I'm not trying to be pro-Lexus or anything but I'm with Tigerfish on this. I think the true enthusiasts on forums and such are a minority, and yes there will be a few that order bog standard M3s with cloth seats for the pure driving pleasure of it, but the majority will all have leather seats, satnav etc. I've only actually seen one new M3 so far, and it was fully kitted out, and this is what I expect the majority to be like. It's the same with the time to lap the ring, yes the minority talk about it, but I could probably guarantee that at least 50% of M3 owners don't even actually know the significance of what the Nurburgring is let alone how fast their car can get round it.

I do still believe that these cars are targeted at young professionals, people with money who need practicality and comfort, but also want a relatively focussed performance drivers car. And yes, a huge factor with these cars is street cred, it's about having the best of the best - not about actually ever extracting the performance from the car.

There is a vital difference with the Lexus though that Lexus cars in general attract a very different sort of buyer. I don't care what all these reviews are saying at the moment, because I still quite strongly believe that it will be geared more towards being a big powerful cruiser (like the C63 probably is) compared to the agile sports saloons that the M3 and RS4 are. As it stands, the Lexus would still probably be my choice of the bunch, simply because of the ownership aspect of it, and it should be competent enough for me to enjoy - unless of course it is just useless!

Bring on the 4 way top gear review!

I know youre not having a go mate.I still dont agree however thats why discussion is healthy,cos we dont have to agree

Out of the three for me it would have to be (if the Lexus got within a reasonable time of the M3& RS4)

1st.................Lexus IS-F

1st Equal....... Audi RS4 (I'd have to drive both to decide)

3rd................ BMW M3

M3's are fantastic cars, and no offence intended Rsarin but

I really don't like the image I have been set on the road of an average M3 driver.

It's a personal preference, not a question of the M3's dynamic abilities

Do we have published authenticated times of the M3 & RS4 to see what the IS-F has to beat ?

im with wozza, id hav the rs4 or IS-F too, im not fussed at having the fastest etc, its how it makes me feel, plus with the RS4 you get a bit of exclusivity.

i didnt mean like that mate.Its just the IS-F hasnt been released yet so the only tests being conducted at the moment are by pro Lexus marketing companies.AMCI is a marketing company FACT and are employed by Lexus.Not a fair test at all,in fact it can only be described as BULL****!!!!!

Watch this and weep;

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/11-13-07...-Lexus-IS-F.htm

i didnt mean like that mate.Its just the IS-F hasnt been released yet so the only tests being conducted at the moment are by pro Lexus marketing companies.AMCI is a marketing company FACT and are employed by Lexus.Not a fair test at all,in fact it can only be described as BULL****!!!!!

Watch this and weep;

WHY?

Watch this and weep;

WHY?

Because it's another "Lexus Flop", the Hybrids are un economocal and now there attempt at "sports cars" is less than expected, all that tech has gone into the engine and it still falls short of the others :crybaby:

i appreciate what the review says,i just dont buy it!im still waiting for Evo to test it here in the UK.They give the most honest and non-bias reviews for performance cars.I know one of the guys there and he has told me that from his point of view the IS-f could be beating the RS4 and the M3 around the ring.

i appreciate what the review says,i just dont buy it!im still waiting for Evo to test it here in the UK.They give the most honest and non-bias reviews for performance cars.I know one of the guys there and he has told me that from his point of view the IS-f could be beating the RS4 and the M3 around the ring.

I know one of the Guys on Evo, he has bought the RS4 2007 model as I have, I was hoping to come back to Lexus with this model, we will see just how the two compare on Evo.

Because it's another "Lexus Flop", the Hybrids are un economocal and now there attempt at "sports cars" is less than expected, all that tech has gone into the engine and it still falls short of the others :crybaby:

Sorry mate, but did you actually watch that video? Their sum up was that the Audi won because it was the better all-rounder, but the Lexus was the more hardcore sports car! I don't believe this for one second, but I'll be impressed if they've pulled it off.

I'm a bit confused though, how can the IS-F have more grip than the 4WD RS4? Totally surprised by the fact it could pull higher Gs - although I still don't really trust US reviews, I'm with Rsarin and waiting for a real test to be done.......

I must agree on one thing though, I do like the way the IS-F looks, but it does definitely look a bit fussy next to the RS4. However, I still can't get that image of Tiff trying to drift the RS4 on Fifth Gear and how it looked horrendous - just gives me the impression that it goes like a rocket and would set fast laptimes, but wouldn't actually be any fun (although I'll reserve judgement till I get the chance to drive one)

And on a separate note, Lexus hybrids are not a flop, when did they ever claim they were super economical? This was exactly why they called them "performance hybrids" - merely a marketing ploy to appease greenpeace morons which meant a lot of people bought them..........Lexus hybrids are everywhere in central london.

In my view, that is not a flop, and instead is "job done" for Lexus :whistling:

I know one of the Guys on Evo, he has bought the RS4 2007 model as I have, I was hoping to come back to Lexus with this model, we will see just how the two compare on Evo.

The guy im talking of is Steve from EVO who frequents bm3w and the porker sites.He defo doesnt have an Rs4 tho.Interesting that you drive the RS4 2007,was it used,or was it an old order?reason is they stopped building a while ago.I do appreciate the vid,cheers for that,its just i really dont rate the American reviews as Parthiban says,prefer uk,less drama normally.

The guy im talking of is Steve from EVO who frequents bm3w and the porker sites.He defo doesnt have an Rs4 tho.Interesting that you drive the RS4 2007,was it used,or was it an old order?reason is they stopped building a while ago.I do appreciate the vid,cheers for that,its just i really dont rate the American reviews as Parthiban says,prefer uk,less drama normally.

If it's Steve Davis you are refering too then this is his car;Audi RS4 Avant - Mugello, Buckets, Carbon Trim

So I would have another chat too him.

My car was new may 2007 and bought from Ipswich Audi on 30th may, best regards

There is no point in listening to the commentary...you don't know what "marque" preference the producer has. The 2 cars are very different:

One is an 8 year old design (interms of wheelbase, overhangs etc), albeit with sofisticated AWD, and older 4.2V8

The other is a 2 year old RWD design (interms of wheelbase, overhangs etc), with a very modern 5.0l V8

Horses for courses....you can only tell when you drive one yourself.

The S4 I tested a few years ago was awesome, the engine sound, the grip, the torque. It just flew and stuck to the A roads and felt much quicker than it was. It had immense composure, so I can only imagine what an RS4 is like....which is a totally different beast to an S4...

Personally, I think the contest will be tight. The new M3 is also going to available as a 4 door, so soon the Mag's are going to have a field day...

Finally, the Audi is no rally car, so it'll never power drift around...the AWD system is supposed to be designed to make it go forwards quicker rather than sideways...on tarmac that is the quickest way to get from A to B. So I agree with parthiban - it's likely to be less entertaining...but bloomin' quick!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links