Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Advice, Bad News

Cathal

Crashed the is200 pretty bad, main thing is no one is hurt,country roads was only doing 45mph. Heavy front damage looks wrote off to me. its a 2001 and just wondering how much could i get for it scrap? Front is bad engine my be gone too, inside and everything from the windscreen is fine and the wing on the front rhs is ok aswell

Bad news ah, but its only a car,

i only have 3rd party fire and theft, so wont be going through insurance, (wont make that mistake again). Ye wrist is a bit sore but other than that im fine, there a gud solid car, airbags were good too. i'll be saving up for another one ha

not sure but when i crashed it i tried to start it and it would'nt crank, tink where the water pumps are nd all could be jammed. against the frame,

I was just thinking there why the damage is so bad, you know the way the engine is mounted 90* different than most engines and this leaves a big gap on the left hand side, well thats were the tree hit and it must of buckled fairly easily bonnet and all is crumbled and left wing,

Also car was blocking the road so i tried to move it to prevent another accident, put hand break down and tried to put it in netural but tink gear box was fuked aswell maybe coz i was just pannicing.

Its about 180 miles from my house, so tink i'm going to collect it and try and rebuild it as a project i'll still be able to say i own a lexus haha

New bonnet new front bumper new lhs wing new front end, that should cover most of the damage then see how bad the engine is and put in a 300 one ha,

needs a new lhs light aswell

I'll try do something with the airbags aswell.

I think it it might look worse than it is.

the lhs alloy is fu*ked aswell but spare one in the booth so should be ok

If you have somewhere to put it, break it for spares, hows the interior, doors, glass etc? can I have your grille screws and your centre arm rest if you have the fold down type in the front? you'll get more selling for parts than scrapping anyway

If you have somewhere to put it, break it for spares, hows the interior, doors, glass etc? can I have your grille screws and your centre arm rest if you have the fold down type in the front? you'll get more selling for parts than scrapping anyway

he is right you will make more by selling parts off,than scrapping.Also you are in the best place to be selling intact parts from a crash damaged IS200.I think scrap you could get £700-£1k i guess.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links