Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a note on the first 500 miles of my 220d.

The car feels brilliant, it exudes quality. The seats are near on perfect, they hold you in firmly but dont restrict movement.

The steering wheel is a nice thickness and the flat parts at 10 to 2 are great to hold.

I cannot believe how quiet it is even up to 80-90 mph, I know others on here think the diesel is rough but coming from a Mondeo TDCI which I thought was quiet I think Lexus have done a great job.

The gearing does take a bit of getting used to but the 3rd gear pull is astonishing.

I unfortunately got the front grille / console rattle at 250 miles, I might not be able to last until the 10k service to get it sorted.

All of my colleagues and people who have seen the IS have commented on how good looking it is, and how they havent spotted it on the road. This can only be a good thing as people dont give the 3 series or A4 a second glance.

I have notice that on pushing the Start button sometimes the car splutters into life rather than just starting, has anyone else had this problem?

Got to say I think the standard stereo is fantastic, I can only imagine what the ML one is like, maybe in 3 yrs time I might find out.

Anyway thats it for now.

Duncan

Glad to see you're having fun. Not so glad to see those dreaded rattles!

I didnt think the rattle would be as bad as it is! Its one of those sounds that really grates on me. Are Lexus forthcoming with sorting it out or will I have to print off a load of posts from this forum?

Glad to see you're having fun. Not so glad to see those dreaded rattles!

I didnt think the rattle would be as bad as it is! Its one of those sounds that really grates on me. Are Lexus forthcoming with sorting it out or will I have to print off a load of posts from this forum?

Most lexus dealers are helpful :)

apart from Bromley one :D

I have notice that on pushing the Start button sometimes the car splutters into life rather than just starting, has anyone else had this problem?

this happens when the clutch is not fully pressed.

this happens when the clutch is not fully pressed.

Ive tried this, I have the clutch to the deck and it still happens. It's only happens when the car is first started in the morning and cold. It is embarrassing, there are 10 year old vans that start better than that!!

It will be done! Get them to sort out the rattle on the dash too. Apart from that perfect (aside the MPG which im not bothered about as the company pays!)

dunclane, you're a genius.

Countless threads on complaints about the consumption of the 220d and you've come up with the solution, get the company to pay!

Well Done!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links