Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Twitchy Rear End ?

rear wheel drives will always spin before a front wheel drive you have less weight to hold everything in place or had you forgotten that big heavy lump called an engine in the front of a fwd car. Go drive an old capri in the wet and see what that handles like then say the lex has bad handling.

For what its worth a 1.2 clio handles better than a rover and a lexus is the wet but id rather the rears spin and it oversteer than understeer then tip.

Compare a RWD with a RWD and a FWD with a FWD you cant compare the 2 as they will always hvave different characteristics

If you floored any rear wheel drive (ferrari porche lambo etc etc) you will spin up mid corner does that mean there crap too?

rear wheel drives will always spin before a front wheel drive you have less weight to hold everything in place or had you forgotten that big heavy lump called an engine in the front of a fwd car. Go drive an old capri in the wet and see what that handles like then say the lex has bad handling.

For what its worth a 1.2 clio handles better than a rover and a lexus is the wet but id rather the rears spin and it oversteer than understeer then tip.

Compare a RWD with a RWD and a FWD with a FWD you cant compare the 2 as they will always hvave different characteristics

If you floored any rear wheel drive (ferrari porche lambo etc etc) you will spin up mid corner does that mean there crap too?

why you guys crying about it for? its just my view i didnt say lexus is crap i sed it handles crap! no need to cry man! chill!

Thanks for the comments guys.. :)

I didn't really mean for this thread to turn into an arguement about the handling of the Lexus.. Just merely an answer to my Q.

From what i gather, i reckon the people i have spoken to about the Lexus have been ragging it into a corner! :lol:

My Scooby is very very twitchy in dry & scary in the wet! Drive like a Granny in the wet! Even with the DCCD wound up! Mind you, have got very low profile tyres on 18s! :o

why you guys crying about it for? its just my view i didnt say lexus is crap i sed it handles crap! no need to cry man! chill!

no-ones crying fella!!! People on these forums try to help other people and present their views/arguments (just as you are doing). I suspect the phrase "floor it" might suggest slight wrecklessness, on your part, in wet conditions considering you are driving a RWD car.

I've had the back end slide/twitch even on a straight in the wet, but that's likely to be due to the extra power from the s/c and me giving it too many beanz.

At the end of the day, its a fact that RWD cars are likely to spin the wheels easier and more frequently in the wet; and as a result, cornering should be taken more cautiously than in a FWD car.

No the limits and stick within them.

no-ones crying fella!!! People on these forums try to help other people and present their views/arguments (just as you are doing). I suspect the phrase "floor it" might suggest slight wrecklessness, on your part, in wet conditions considering you are driving a RWD car.

I've had the back end slide/twitch even on a straight in the wet, but that's likely to be due to the extra power from the s/c and me giving it too many beanz.

At the end of the day, its a fact that RWD cars are likely to spin the wheels easier and more frequently in the wet; and as a result, cornering should be taken more cautiously than in a FWD car.

No the limits and stick within them.

i undersand what your saying

if someone wanted to know how a lexus handles and wanted lexus owners views, thats exactly what i will give em! my personal view!

i didnt ask for people to comment on my view stick to ur own view simple as that!

all i was saying is in my point of view which is that it handles crap, then you guys can say ur bit and let the person decide for himself!

when i said flooring it i agree it was wrong term to use!

but you have no experience to say that it handles crap your only other experience of driving is a FWD car. All I said is compare it to other RWD cars before saying that its crap there is a world of difference between FWD and RWD in terms of handling and what you can do with them, on your theory you could say that all RWD cars are crap as you dont know any better, something which the world and its dog knows is nt the case

but you have no experience to say that it handles crap your only other experience of driving is a FWD car. All I said is compare it to other RWD cars before saying that its crap there is a world of difference between FWD and RWD in terms of handling and what you can do with them, on your theory you could say that all RWD cars are crap as you dont know any better, something which the world and its dog knows is nt the case

iv had my say its for you guys to take it further and discuss!

have fun!

Few odd comments here, cant say my is200 was bad when it had standard shocks. You did have to respect it when it was seriously wet as i do with coilovers and full geo on it now. I found when i had the dunlops sp9000's they weren't too great in the wet, when i move to proxies t1-r's they really gripped and now i'm on falkens the grip is slighly less. Snow is another matter, as our euro buddies keep telling us though "get snow tyres".

I do believe the IS200 handles very well. And if it does well on the skid pad compared to other cars (50:50 weight distribution and front+rear double wishbone suspension) it must do well on roundabouts.

ONLY: any RWD car it isn't as foolproof as a FWD car, especially without VSC/ESP. Give it too much welly and a FWD car will just plough straight ahead, a RWD car steps out with the back end.

So if you know how to control your car , you're going to be fast on that roundabout ;)

the handling on the is200 is pretty poor from the ones that i test drove, however 99.99% of them have the geo set up totally wrong so they dont stand a chance!

once the geo is right, the tyres are matched and decent and they are set to the correct preasures they handle VERY well!

if a car is stepping out at 20mph on a roundabout then something is drasticly wrong, its either geo, tyres, preasure or the driver not delivering and controlling the power properly.

the handling on the is200 is pretty poor from the ones that i test drove, however 99.99% of them have the geo set up totally wrong so they dont stand a chance!

once the geo is right, the tyres are matched and decent and they are set to the correct preasures they handle VERY well!

if a car is stepping out at 20mph on a roundabout then something is drasticly wrong, its either geo, tyres, preasure or the driver not delivering and controlling the power properly.

Well said :)

i've never had a problem with the handling of my car, and i've not had the geo done yet

likewise..never even had a twitch... :shifty: I drive about 8/10 different makes of vehicle a day and the IS200 handles better than the lot

its a lump no doubt

look at the positives...drive down a motorway at speed in heavy rain (straight line lol ) and the beast will stick to the motorway like glue...everything else i drive is aqua planing or skittish

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links