Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Conversion Kit Enquiry

Ryan Fong

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I'm looking to install an HID conversion kit but there are millions of choices online, any good suggestions around 150ish quid? :crybaby:

Appreciate any recommendations..Cheers!

BTW, is there anybody heard about HID Direct or using their products?

Here is their website:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-products.html

I got mine from www.hids4u.co.uk

Wozza, just bought the same set, although its £8 cheaper if you buy it from his AU store, not sure if ill get a sting when it comes to currency conversion in paypal though.

thanks for all the advice on HID's chaps, appreciated.

Recently I'm looking to install an HID conversion kit but there are millions of choices online, any good suggestions around 150ish quid? :crybaby:

Appreciate any recommendations..Cheers!

BTW, is there anybody heard about HID Direct or using their products?

Here is their website:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-products.html

I got mine from www.hids4u.co.uk

Chris, I've checked out the kit from hids4u...the cheapest one still costs nearly 200 quid.. :crybaby:

too much for a student like me.. :crybaby::crybaby:

Chris, I've checked out the kit from hids4u...the cheapest one still costs nearly 200 quid.. :crybaby:

too much for a student like me.. :crybaby::crybaby:

HID ULTRA conversion kit single beam (9006, 6k) & P+P = £94.99 to my calculations from there Ryan

I only think Dipped is worth getting, (due to taking longer to fire up than conventional bulbs so no good for a quick flash)

maybe you looked at 2 kits 1 Dipped 1 Main Beam ?

My cheaper ones arrived today from Hong Kong, I will take them to the LOC TDI Dyno Meet 24th November

and compare with other people's kits and give them a test fire up if anyone is interested.

Wozza, just bought the same set, although its £8 cheaper if you buy it from his AU store

erm I did matey AU$49.99 + AU$59.00 P+P = £46.60 total

Wozza, just bought the same set, although its £8 cheaper if you buy it from his AU store

erm I did matey AU$49.99 + AU$59.00 P+P = £46.60 total

oh! thats odd!... mine came to AU $88.50 £38.50 [AU $33.00 + AU $55.50 p&p]...

how soon did they arrive? was it an easy install ?

You don't need a projector. HID is illegal if color is above 6000k and no washing jet is installed

Cheers m8..

is there a big difference in performance between with and without leveller?

the leveler has nothing to do with the power. As its name suggests it is used to set the level of the headlight beam

how soon did they arrive? was it an easy install ?
My cheaper ones arrived today from Hong Kong, I will take them to the LOC TDI Dyno Meet 24th November

and compare with other people's kits and give them a test fire up if anyone is interested.

All the info you need was above matey pmsl

Just fitted my kit today, it works fine and it's really bright... :winky:

However, the driver's side headlight sometimes doesn't light up, needs to turn off and on again to make both sides light up.

I believe I saw this kind of discussion here, but I couldnt find it out right now.

Any solutions will be really appreciated!

Regards

Ryan

However, the driver's side headlight sometimes doesn't light up, needs to turn off and on again to make both sides light up.

mine does it sometime when there is humidity in the air. The only way I found to solve it is what you do: switch off then on again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links