Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Conversion Kit Enquiry

Ryan Fong

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see why you need to drill any holes??? Cant see them being any hotter than others on the market

I cant see why either, I guess the woman thought the headlights were the type with the bulb clipped onto the reflector and a cover over the top?

Hey guys,

I would really like to get a set of these in my Lex but I just want to get a couple things straight. I called HIDS4U today and they told me I would have to drill a hole in the headlight bulb cover?! I thought the bulbs fitted directly into the headlight. These are the ones im interested in (Ebay Item number: 170142284048) what attracted me to them most is the slim ballast box for fitting into the passenger side, would appreciate if I get a bit of feedback as to whether they would be good or am I as well to go for the cheaper £40 ones from Hong Kong!

Ive looked at these a few times and was thinking of getting them......cant see why the ones from hids4u would have to drill a hole for the bulb??? shorly they are just plug n play and have the same fittment as the oem bulbs..let me know how you get on if you buy the ones from eBay fella.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I bought the ones I was yakking on about earlier in the month - with slim digital ballast, was dying to take the car out in the dark tonight for a shot of them, was a bit wary of them being too bright to oncoming drivers, kept the adjusters on #2 & went for a 30 min drive, never got flashed once! much better light coverage than the old halogen ones, a must for anyone.

The lights loook really bright on this photo but they're really hard to get a good shot of, even that old orange streetlight is putting off glare and it aint really that bright.

gallery_21476_394_75912.jpg

p1000185bg1.jpg

OK, so I bought the ones I was yakking on about earlier in the month - with slim digital ballast, was dying to take the car out in the dark tonight for a shot of them, was a bit wary of them being too bright to oncoming drivers, kept the adjusters on #2 & went for a 30 min drive, never got flashed once! much better light coverage than the old halogen ones, a must for anyone.

The lights loook really bright on this photo but they're really hard to get a good shot of.

gallery_21476_394_75912.jpg

Looking good matey, exactly the kind of mod that when you do, you always wonder why the hell you didn't do it ages ago! When I installed mine it messed around with the alignment so it might be worth getting that checked next time you're driving past a Lexus dealer with nothing to do. They'll check it for free. Mine were blatantly out. Good job on the mod though :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links