Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well thought it's time I posted about life with the SEL so far.

Dealer - excellent, salesman - excellent, handover - excellent. Car really has been exceptional, the only two minor problems have been tyre pressures too high on delivery and the petrol cap popping open on it's own ( cured by some 3 in one oil ). No rattles.

Economy averaging 31.7 so far and although only about 200 have been motorway I do "drive" the car.

Toys are just great and I appreciate those over my previous SE. Sometimes I just want to dip the interior light myself :)

Only other issue is the paint shield protection I had fitted, not going to say much apart from the fact that it has not been applied very well at all and the trader after swapping a few emails hasn't had the decency to reply to a recorded delivery letter. Still trying to get a resolution on this matter - so more later.

So all in all I am well pleased with the new car and can't recommend ( my fourth Lexus ) highly enough.

Economy averaging 31.7 so far and although only about 200 have been motorway I do "drive" the car

Nice one...10% on the Motorway and the car still records 31.7. I dare say mine would do that at best too under the exact circs. So all in all it was not a good choice going for the diesel (onoherehegoesagain)!! :P :lol:

Nice one mate, good luck with the ol' treatment

Economy averaging 31.7 so far and although only about 200 have been motorway I do "drive" the car.

Is that based upon records of petrol purchased and miles done - or is it the figure from the trip computer?

My trip computer shows 31.5 m.p.g. (over 8000 miles), but the real figure (based upon written records) is only 30.06 m.p.g.

Trip computers are notorious for their optimism . . . . . . :rolleyes:

And the good thing is the MPG will improve with time--mine is now c.34 which is really impressive given I do DRIVE the car.

I honestly beleive the transmission gradually gets smoother too which must help.

Tel

my BC is more pesimistic than optimistic :)

That's pretty unusual. The economy rally enthusiasts reckon that "trips" can be anything up to 5% optimistic. I can understand why a manufacturer would calibrate to make the car look a bit better than it really is, (but not the opposite), after all most people will not be bothered to check carefully. I reckon mine is only about 3% optimistic at present.

Over what mileage and total consumption did you calculate the "real" figures for comparison?

look here: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/182679.html

when you put mouse on the "BC" it shows you the BC figure..

Thanks, that's interesting, but not apparently consistent with what you said.

First, the BC figures in the table are "tank" averages and since they go up and down like a yoyo, they don't help with overall average unless you integrate them in some way.

Even on the basis of the BC tank averages, only three out of nine are more pessimistic than the "real" figures.

You are showing an overall mpg figure at the foot of your mails, how does the overall figure currently shown by the "trip" compare with this?

Apologies if I have misunderstood something . . . . . . :)