Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Come Back...

monster

Howdy guys, it's been a long time since posting on here. Hope everyone is doing fine.

I'm looking at every option of getting back into the lexus brand with the right sort of car....give up waiting for another Aristo at the right price as they seem to be bought up quickly (usually by the same bloke - but that's another story :offtopic: )

Anyway been looking at a couple of Altezzas on the net and just wanted to know how to tell if one is a RS200 at a glance. Does it just come down to the RS200 has the tiptronic gear shift? Or does the AS200 also come with this as well?

Was even tempted to supercharge an IS200 again but left that one to some other lucky guy - £1650 is a bargain! :whistling:

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta, Miles

Howdy guys, it's been a long time since posting on here. Hope everyone is doing fine.

I'm looking at every option of getting back into the lexus brand with the right sort of car....give up waiting for another Aristo at the right price as they seem to be bought up quickly (usually by the same bloke - but that's another story :offtopic: )

Anyway been looking at a couple of Altezzas on the net and just wanted to know how to tell if one is a RS200 at a glance. Does it just come down to the RS200 has the tiptronic gear shift? Or does the AS200 also come with this as well?

Was even tempted to supercharge an IS200 again but left that one to some other lucky guy - £1650 is a bargain! :whistling:

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta, Miles

Hi Miles, yer superchargers hard to find now, Bazza has his car for sale or i have one too.

who buys all the aristo's then ??

Hello,

easist way to tell is the engine, which is the main difference anyway....

RS200 = 4 cylinder 210 bhp, revvy engine (0-60 7.1 seconds or 8.0 seconds tiptronic)

AS200 = 6 cylinder 153 bhp, smooth engine same engine as normal IS200 (0-60 9.5 seconds or a 24 hours for the auto)

RS200 come as a 6 speed manual or a 5 speed tiptronic (buttons or steering wheel)

AS200 is 6 speed manual or 4 speed auto, no tiptronic buttons

hth :)

Thanks for the info Noel. So I take it then that if I spot an interior piccy with the shift buttons on the steering then it's the RS200 model then? That's what I've been thinking but needed confirmation so I didn't waste my time looking.

@Gord: nice to see you're still on here fella with an IS again (that BM was nice though! :rolleyes: ). Pretty sure the fella buying/selling all the Aristos isn't on here but he seemed to have a monopoly on them at one time when I was looking to buy again, bought them all cheap before anyone else, then added a substantial profit margin. Suppose everyones gotta make a living :(

I was soooooo tempted to get the supercharger from eBay but as I hadn't seen the right IS yet then it seemed a bit backwards. The S/C ones on here are just a little out of my budget but very nice motors all the same.

I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Ta, Miles

So I take it then that if I spot an interior piccy with the shift buttons on the steering then it's the RS200 model then?

it would be an RS200 tiptronic :winky: are you not interested in the manuals? usually it's the other way round

I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Ta, Miles

best thing to do is post up links to any your considering and we'll try and set you right :)

The AS200 will also have "beams" on the engine cover but it's not to be confused with the RS200...

Aristo is probably much quicker, but wouldn't handle as well in the twistys, Altezza looks better too :P

Thinking of being a bit lazy for a year or 2 so opting for a auto (sick of changing up and down in flippin traffic all the time). and need a bit more speed which is why it's gotta be the RS200. Dunno about the Altezza looking better than an Aristo - I'd need my beer glasses on to agree with that. :D :D :flowers:

@ Mr Singh as your car is a minter it's probably gonna be slightly out of my price range. I'd probably have to be an expert ay haggling to get it for the price I'm looking at! :D

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know when/if I can get one.

Miles

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links