Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-f

I didn't get as much track time in the IS-F as i would have liked and the track was only a very small coned off section of the SEMA car park. I had a driving instructor that sat in the passengers side and talked me through what i had to do.

The cars appearance is very similar to the IS but has a more aggresive look with the large side cuts and exhaust system, the front has a more pretruding bumper. The brake calipers are already sprayed black with lexus logo's printed on them!

The car was set on automatic and i didn't have the choice of sellecting triptronic. It started off with a quick acceleration section and deacceleration. The pick up is very good and the gear change of the car is also very quick, i have driven a few automatics and some of them have taken a while to change gear.

The brakes are also very good and precise. The inside of the car is very plush and is of course very similar to the IS250 but has the F sport logo on the side of the seats, on the seats, dials etc.

The next part of the course was a tight ring that involved going round it as tight as possible while going as fast as possible. This i thought would be ugly, but it wasn't. The traction control system on the IS-F is 100 times better than the mark one IS. The tires where really screaming but there was hardly any oversteer and when i did start to go the TRC kicked in and a warning beep started, then the back end just twitched back in with ease. I was giving it some searious power around the ring but it wasn't loosing much power through the TRC.

After this the course involved a shicane and then back to the pits for the next guy to give it a go. Im a bit dissapointed that i couldn't of had a longer go but at least i got to drive it.

i then went on the dyno with another IS-F that was doing 1/4 mile runs, this one was set to manual :shifty:

Again i had an instructor in the car with me telling me when i should shift up gear!

The car picks up very well through all the gears but really goes well from second onwards, i only got it into 4th but it has a 8 speed gerabox :crying: The sound from the engine is incredible and it really does sound like a performance car rather than a luxury one. On downshift the car replicates 'Toe and Heal' and revs as you downshift so when its in the lower gear its ready to go like a rocket again!

Lexus are going to indroduce a new 'F sport' brand that will offer performance mods for the IS, these will then be covered under warranty from the dealer, which is a great idea.

the line of moda they have for sale will be (to start with at least)

19' Forged Alloy wheels- these are black/titanium finish and look really nice.

Performance brake upgrade, front and rear- these where MASSIVE, 6 pot fronts with 4 pot backs, powder coated in blue with 'F SPORT' stamped on them.

Carbon Fibre engine cover

Performance air intake system

Lowering spring set

Performance shock absorber set

Performance exhaust

Sway bar kit

Lower rear chassis brace

Ground effects kit

Rear spoiler

right, now will try and get some pics up :whistling:

Jason :P

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links