Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Plasma Dials

if you want to place the plasma dial behind ur original ones, u will have to remove all the needles (rev, speed, temp, battery, MPG, fuel).

As James says there is a lot more work involved with that and more room for error when putting the needles back on. Your more than welcome to try it and let us know how it goes, but i didn't want to take that risk :)

Not even sure how the orignal dials are stuck on :unsure:

the original ones sticks on the plastics underneath.

Yeah, thats what I thought :)

Was just wondering what with though :unsure:

Tbh, don't think it would be worth taking the risk of removing all the needles only to put one back slightly off and have it reading wrong.

They look excellent as they are though :D

Sorry, I'm not sure if you've misunderstood me - but I didn't mean dismantle the dials, I meant instead putting just a sheet of plain white light like the ring around the speedo.

So effectively, instead of the bulbs behind the cluster that currently light everything up, there would just be sheets of light stuck behind the cluster.

Does that make sense? Or is that what you were replying to in the first place - and this would require taking all the needles off?

Sorry, I'm not sure if you've misunderstood me - but I didn't mean dismantle the dials, I meant instead putting just a sheet of plain white light like the ring around the speedo.

So effectively, instead of the bulbs behind the cluster that currently light everything up, there would just be sheets of light stuck behind the cluster.

Does that make sense? Or is that what you were replying to in the first place - and this would require taking all the needles off?

The trouble is, as the dials are the amber light is distributed by the clear plastic behind, you would get no where near the same effect :(

Think the LED's that Fargo was selling it the same as the standard bulbs, using the plastic to spread the light but they were really tricky to install and required some use of a soldering iron :(

• 4 months later...
thats a lot easier that bloody LEDS,

It is mate, no soldering involved and can be put back to standard in about 15mins :)

I have just done a blue LED conversion on mine. Took about 10 mins, way easier and cheaper than the plasma. Just poped out the 5 (three big, two small) standard amber bulbs and replaced them with push-fit LEDs - done!

I must say, i think the plasma definatly does look better, but LEDs are not as complicated as you seem to be making out, no need to dismatle the unit at all (just remove and refit - 3 plugs, 6 screws!) and no soldering required! Thats how i found it anyway.

Great walk throu there too mate.

• 2 weeks later...

wow they are gorgeous!! i thought the orange glow looks nice but thats just somthing else... you've tempted me into getting these now they look so nice!!

Would there / is there a way to do a similar thing to the dashboard lights or are they just orange tinted buttons and just a yellow light underneath? Because it would be amazing to have the dash light up with matching colours would just make it that much more beautiful

wow they are gorgeous!! i thought the orange glow looks nice but thats just somthing else... you've tempted me into getting these now they look so nice!!

Would there / is there a way to do a similar thing to the dashboard lights or are they just orange tinted buttons and just a yellow light underneath? Because it would be amazing to have the dash light up with matching colours would just make it that much more beautiful

You have PM mate.

Stav

• 2 months later...

You have PM mate.

Stav

Oh tell us all please Stav!! I'm gonna do this if there's a solution to the dash as well. Actually what about the steroe nothing can be done about that :crying:

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links