Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Symphony Orchestra - Ideas

converse

Hi everyone,

I work with Lexus and would like to make you aware of a unique musical event that we recently organised in the UK, the Lexus Symphony Orchestra.

12 LS460’s entertained crowds by playing specially commissioned tracks through their Mark Levinson speakers. The music was composed by Chesney Hawkes, Chris Nicolaides and Alastair King and was designed to showcase both the upbeat and soft sides of the sound system.

Behind the scenes footage, videos of the performance and free mp3’s of the tracks can be found here: www.lexusorchestra.co.uk

More pictures are here: www.flickr.com/lso2007

The Recording and Rehearsal Videos are currently available here for download (will add all the others soon).

Now the important bit!

We’re looking for ideas on how to develop the Lexus Symphony Orchestra concept. We have a few thoughts, but rather than keeping it to ourselves, why not get opinions from you guys, Lexus connoisseurs? What would you like to see next? Would merchandise be of interest? What music should the cars play? And so on.....

So, lets get some ideas and thoughts flowing...

Hi everyone,

I work with Lexus and would like to make you aware of a unique musical event that we recently organised in the UK, the Lexus Symphony Orchestra.

12 LS460's entertained crowds by playing specially commissioned tracks through their Mark Levinson speakers. The music was composed by Chesney Hawkes, Chris Nicolaides and Alastair King and was designed to showcase both the upbeat and soft sides of the sound system.

Behind the scenes footage, videos of the performance and free mp3's of the tracks can be found here: www.lexusorchestra.co.uk

The Recording and Rehearsal Videos are currently available here for download (will add all the others soon).

Now the important bit!

We're looking for ideas on how to develop the Lexus Symphony Orchestra concept. We have a few thoughts, but rather than keeping it to ourselves, why not get opinions from you guys, Lexus connoisseurs? What would you like to see next? Would merchandise be of interest? What music should the cars play? And so on.....

Pity I'm going to post a negative comment initially, but it would have helped if the disk posted with the latest edition Lexus Magazine regarding the making of the LSO (!) concept had played. After several abortive attempts on my computer and DVD/CD player I binned it.

Hi everyone,

12 LS460's entertained crowds by playing specially commissioned tracks through their Mark Levinson speakers. The music was composed by Chesney Hawkes, Chris Nicolaides and Alastair King and was designed to showcase both the upbeat and soft sides of the sound system.

Behind the scenes footage, videos of the performance and free mp3's of the tracks can be found here: www.lexusorchestra.co.uk

Now the important bit!

We're looking for ideas on how to develop the Lexus Symphony Orchestra concept. We have a few thoughts, but rather than keeping it to ourselves, why not get opinions from you guys, Lexus connoisseurs? What would you like to see next? Would merchandise be of interest? What music should the cars play? And so on.....

Pity I'm going to post a negative comment initially, but it would have helped if the disk posted with the latest edition Lexus Magazine regarding the making of the LSO (!) concept had played. After several abortive attempts on my computer and DVD/CD player I binned it.

Oh no, sorry to hear that! You can now watch and download the same videos from www.lexusorchestra.co.uk and the YouTube page that has been set up. Will let the guys know, but hope that helps for now...

Anyways, what do you think of the LSO? Was it a good idea? Should we take it forward next year, and if so, how? Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

OK Converse - first name would help - i have just sat and watched the DVD of the LSO. I did not rate either piece of music but i guess they were chosen more for their sonic performance throught the car system than to win votes. If you want to know what music to play in future try going along to any of the club meetings an see what music our members have in their cars. You could also try some of the popular classics i.e. Enigma Variatiuons. Planet Suite, Beehovens' 5th, as i would want to compare something i knew and how it sounds on my hi-fi. Try "Brothers in Arms" as a good tester or even the opening part of "Road to Hell" as they say rain is the hardest sound to reproduce.

I think the more popular the music the more interest it would bring.

And please bring the events to the other 90% of the country who don't live in London.!!

Jim

Definitely more events outside London please!

Wallace has made some good suggestions for music - perhaps a mix of newly commissioned work and 'old favourites' would be good; hearing a familiar piece on a fantastic system is always interesting.

I enjoyed the DVD, but would love to have the opportunity to see one of these concerts live - we have this new-fangled electricity in Wales now, you know, along with some fantastic venues!

P.S. There are some great Shostakovich pieces that differentiate between adequate and excellent audio systems.

Converse, the following would be important in my opinion:

Listen to owners of Lexus vehicles when they need / want your support.

At a recent event in August, I organised a car show that was initially Lexus and Toyota. After months of compromising I finally decided to call it a day when I contacted Lexus for support. I was initially told that there would be no problems in supporting such a event.... but eventually was just ignored.

As a result of this the day was opened up to other marques, which admittedly, proved successful. However, it would have been nice to have had the support.

I know this has probably nothing to do with your job role and my above comment is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the tale of what happened.

Here's hoping next year they decide to support it, as it will be back :)

All the best and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Anyways, what do you think of the LSO? Was it a good idea? Should we take it forward next year, and if so, how? Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Since I didn't attend the outside event, the DVD really gives no idea how good or bad the concept was. Technically clever no doubt, but a good marketing tool? I'm not convinced. As a GS owner, I already know how good the Mark Levinson system is.

As has been said, the music wasn't to everyone's taste. I agree it's better to use a known piece, but still pretty useless unless you can attend a concert. So more concerts is maybe the way to go, but using music that is popular and well known.

Cheers,

IanB :D

Thanks for all your comments, really much appreciated

The music was indeed composed to emphasise the capabilities of the Mark Levinson system (and to produce something new in general) but I can definitely see how this maybe wasn't to everyone's "taste". Therefore I fully agree that popular classics could be a good option for the future, or even natural sounds such as rain...that could create quite an interesting audio visual experience...

As for the events, we would love to give everyone across the world a chance to experience them, as I agree that the DVD cannot fully portray how great they were. Moreover, the first UK ones were in Crystal Palace near London and in Castle Howard near York...but we're open to suggestions on where to take the cars next.

Jim - apologies for not using my first name, but I usually don't reveal personal details publicly online. However, I'm happy to talk on first name terms via PM...! ;-)

Jamie - Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely pass your feedback on to the relevant people.

But this is very useful stuff guys, lets keep it going. The more ideas/opinions/feedback I can get, the better!

Well to be honest I don't think I'd drive into my town to watch / listen to it. It's not that I don't like music, I do, but unless there was other activities going along with it ( Lexus related of course ) I don't think I'd bother even locally. Now if the LOC were involved as well and there are lots of people from here on there with there cars as well as the Lexus Symphony Orchestra then that's a different matter.

As a P.S. my DVD didn't work either but I had already listened online via www.lexus.co.uk ( not sure if they were exerts though on the home page ).

You make a good point there Steve, my car on the mailing list keeps reverting back to the first Lexus I owned and I gave back to Lexus Worcester. I am on my fourth one now and keep updating any mailshots that have wrong reg. the last one only last week :(

Good point Steve, maybe it does need some other activities around it as well to attract further interest. What kind of Lexus related activities could work?

(Also, you can listen, download and watch all the available LSO content on www.lexusorchestra.co.uk)

Scorps01 - lol, see your point...but that's why it's cool, someone who you wouldn't really expect to be there...the "one and only" man composing music for cars ;)

As for the mailing list issues you all mention, again, I will pass these on as unfortunately I can't directly be of any help with that...

But thanks again for all the comments....!

You make a good point there Steve, my car on the mailing list keeps reverting back to the first Lexus I owned and I gave back to Lexus Worcester. I am on my fourth one now and keep updating any mailshots that have wrong reg. the last one only last week :(

My mag came through the door with the usual 'request for change in details' form. Thing is it shows my first Lexus as an IS250 and my second also as an IS250...with the same registration number!!! I corrected it last time to add the IS200 Sport, but it was obviously disregarded so I'll not bother to reply again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links