Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250/220

tkendall

in order to do a group buy you should really contact us.

Although i appreciate you are helping members save money, with only 7 posts to your name may have a problem getting the right amount of numbers to create a successfull group buy.

in order to do a group buy you should really contact us.

Although i appreciate you are helping members save money, with only 7 posts to your name may have a problem getting the right amount of numbers to create a successfull group buy.

I also wonder how many LOC members with the second gen IS are also keen to drill three holes/slots in their pristine boot lid to attach the spoiler??

if it is done properly then dont see a problem.. long as its sealed properly.

Steve, think you missed my point, which was 'how many' not if drilled holes were problem..biggest problem anyway is capturing all the steel drill swarf to prevent it starting secondary corrosion between the skins of the boot lid.

There aren't that many 250/220 owners in LOC compared to 200/300 owners, and of that number quite a few cars are company/fleet. Of the rest how many want a lip spoiler??

Chris Shipley will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong but when he posted the Lexus GFX kit was available in the UK it was stocked unpainted...or is the boot lip the exception?

Hi Guy's,

I would like clarify a few points.

This came about as result of changeing my IS200 Sport for an IS220d, in the uk the bootlip spoiler was not available. This item has now just became available in uk Lexus dealers for nearly £800.00 which is a very high price which I was not prepared to pay. Not only that but the Lexus uk part has to be painted, the part I get is factory finished direct from Lexus, all I need is the paint code of the vehicle.

I found a dealer that was prepared to sell me a genuine factory finished item for a more reasonable cost which I thought might be of interest to other members in the uk that would like this item. This is the same unit as shown in the photo.

After making an initial error I have been corrosponding and asking advice with Janey from Lexusownersclub uk about the best way to proceed with making the offer so the LOC has been involved.

As this is a genuine Lexus part it comes with full Lexus fitting instructions including sealing and catching the swarf.

The reason there has only been 6 posts in 4 years is because I have had no reason to post!

Due to the negative response/reaction to what was a genuine intent to help other LOC members in the same predicament I feel it is prudent for me to withdraw this offer, appologies to anybody that may have been interested.

Hi Guy's,

This came about as result of changeing my IS200 Sport for an IS220d, in the uk the bootlip spoiler was not available. This item has now just became available in uk Lexus dealers for nearly £800.00 which is a very high price which I was not prepared to pay. Not only that but the Lexus uk part has to be painted, the part I get is factory finished direct from Lexus, all I need is the paint code of the vehicle.

I found a dealer that was prepared to sell me a genuine factory finished item for a more reasonable cost which I thought might be of interest to other members in the uk that would like this item. This is the same unit as shown in the photo.

After making an initial error I have been corrosponding and asking advice with Janey from Lexusownersclub uk about the best way to proceed with making the offer so the LOC has been involved.

Due to the negative response/reaction to what was a genuine intent to help other LOC members in the same predicament I feel it is prudent for me to withdraw this offer, appologies to anybody that may have been interested.

Tim,

Why do you believe it's a negative response? I just queried how big your group buy was likely to be, From the lack of other response it looks like I may have assessed correctly. Just to clarify, I brought mine back from a Lexus dealer in the USA, ready painted for £98.50 (http://www.lexus-parts.com/parts_detail.as...70030&all=Y) which is a little different from the 'nearly £800'....or £400 for that matter.

Sewell link very nice, been there done that, try ordering one from the UK!!!!!!, I think most people would find it quite expensive flying to the states for a 'spoiler' with travel/acc etc.

The size of the group was what I was trying to establish so that freight costs could be established. £400 is what it cost me for a one off unit. The dealer will charge you nearly £800 to supply, paint and fit in the uk.

Hi Guy's,

Tim,

Why do you believe it's a negative response? I just queried how big your group buy was likely to be, From the lack of other response it looks like I may have assessed correctly. Just to clarify, I brought mine back from a Lexus dealer in the USA, ready painted for £98.50 (http://www.lexus-parts.com/parts_detail.as...70030&all=Y) which is a little different from the 'nearly £800'....or £400 for that matter.

OK so the story is £400 including freight & fitting? You were still robbed...it's a piece of blow moulded plastic for goodness sake, I thought £98.50 was expensive :huh:

Maybe I ought to stockpile a few as I'm back in Texas next week :whistling:

So instead of whining and bleeting about me trying to save uk members almost 50% perhaps you ought to put your money where your mouth is and bring some back and save people even more.

so the story is £400 including freight & fitting? You were still robbed...it's a piece of blow moulded plastic for goodness sake, I thought £98.50 was expensive :huh:

Maybe I ought to stockpile a few as I'm back in Texas next week :whistling:

• 5 months later...

All I did (back in Aug 06), ordered it from Sewell Lexus Texas, $179.99 for the lip (painted)

$138 for shipping (i didnt want to wait another week for it!....so i wanted it all ready for the handover) handed it over to lexus leicester who sorted it out for me.

All I did (back in Aug 06), ordered it from Sewell Lexus Texas, $179.99 for the lip (painted)

$138 for shipping (i didnt want to wait another week for it!....so i wanted it all ready for the handover) handed it over to lexus leicester who sorted it out for me.

Think you'd proved my original point....£159 inc.shipping

A couple of points!

The official Lexus Styling Kit has been available in the UK for well over a year & I would have thought any Lexus Dealer with a Bodyshop would do a cracking deal for a "group purchase".

I had a Lip & Rear Spoiler fitted last Spring & although I matched Tango's $ price in £'s, of course, mine was professionally fitted with zero gaps between body panels & spoilers which is key.

Tel

I had a Lip & Rear Spoiler fitted last Spring & although I matched Tango's $ price in £'s, of course, mine was professionally fitted with zero gaps between body panels & spoilers which is key.

Tel

Tosh...hope you're not suggesting I've got any gap...'cos I haven't. Professional fitting indeed!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links