Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Control Solution For Oem Stereo Is200/300 Finally Found

mines on order at the mo, i have an early IS with SAT Nav, i ordered it on the 12th December i think, so fingers crossed it will be here soon! ill let people know how i get on. Its highly likely that i'll be posting for advice as im rubbish with things like this :lol:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfornunately not!If you really need to now what title is playing you need to place you ipod somewhere out of the glove box so that you can see the titles on the display of the POD.

If the ipod is in "playlist" mode (disc 2-9) then even if it is in sight it won't display the tracklist (on mine anyway)

In addition we found out here in the german speaking LOC board, that the gombox does not recognize the first playlist on the iPod. All other playlists from 2-9 can be played without any problems. I handle this thing like that, that I've store a dummy list with one title as the first list on the iPod and filled the rest of my music in playlist 2-9

Yeah I use a dummy playlist for 01 too - however, I'm surprised to find you have no problems going up to playlist 9 - if I try any playlist beyond 6 - it will play for about one track then go quieter and the head unit controls stop working (it's fine for playlists 2-6 though).

Could just be me though I guess - still happy with it though.

Does this iterface work with my old IS (IS200, 12/1999, radio 13902, gps, oem amplifier, 8 speakers) ?

Hi powerpuff mookie,

yes it should be! :D

SHAHZ from this board has emailed GromAudio few weeks ago for finding out if the interface works with his stereo from 2000 (bottom loading cd changer).

The answer was positive, speak Grom said the black box will enable this stereo to control the iPod too without any problems :)

@SHAHZ

Have you already received you GromAudio interface? And is it working correctly?

Please refer the this interesting posting - the answer of SHAHZ is reply #11

How To Install The Gromaudio Ipod Adaptor In 1st Gen Is, (also headunit removal)

Cheers

Sonnet

mine came this afternoon, likewise will try to get it installed over the weekend :)

tried installing it this morning, but it doesnt seem to work :(

connected everything up and when i play the CD button nothing happens. is there something im doing wrong.

installation seems pretty foolproof so im guessing i havn't missed anything out as everything only fits into one slot.

once everything is connected up the ipod starts charging, so power is going to it, stereo just doesnt seem to recognise the input

tried installing it this morning, but it doesnt seem to work :(

connected everything up and when i play the CD button nothing happens. is there something im doing wrong.

installation seems pretty foolproof so im guessing i havn't missed anything out as everything only fits into one slot.

once everything is connected up the ipod starts charging, so power is going to it, stereo just doesnt seem to recognise the input

Is the headunit reading "CD" or "CD1"?

Have you tried selecting Disc 2 - 6?

Try pressing FM first then back to CD?

What ipod have you got?

Does this iterface work with my old IS (IS200, 12/1999, radio 13902, gps, oem amplifier, 8 speakers) ?

Hi powerpuff mookie,

yes it should be! :D

SHAHZ from this board has emailed GromAudio few weeks ago for finding out if the interface works with his stereo from 2000 (bottom loading cd changer).

The answer was positive, speak Grom said the black box will enable this stereo to control the iPod too without any problems :)

@SHAHZ

Have you already received you GromAudio interface? And is it working correctly?

Please refer the this interesting posting - the answer of SHAHZ is reply #11

How To Install The Gromaudio Ipod Adaptor In 1st Gen Is, (also headunit removal)

Cheers

Sonnet

Thought i would post here too, Sonnet adaptor has been recieved, installed and working B)

HI guys,

I came across this thread and I must say i am quite impressed with the product mentioned. Earlier on, I was seriously considering buying a Dension Gateway100 (a.k.a icelink plus) for my ride but was put off by the price and its inability to support newer IPOD gens(3rd Gen Nano, Ipod touch, Iphone..etc..)

I believe that the GROM adapter is the answer for me, however I need some advise on the compatibility. I am from Singapore and we only have IS200 here. I did not see IS200 in the compatibility list and just wanna know if anyone managed to get Grom work on it?

Hello, have been reading this thread from start to finish, what a find, Sonnet you're a STAR..!! Now I can throw away my cassette adaptor and wire the ipod direct in. :D

I'm a bit confused though, I have IS200SE model, 2001 with the 13903 headunit (CD at the top), and no Sat-Nav. Both of the connectors on the back of the headunit are used, albeit one only has a couple of wires in it where it looks like the Grom connects to .

My question, although I think it may have been answered a page or so back is do I use the Y-piece connector as detailed in an earlier post or leave out the connector altogether and see what happens.? Anyone know what the connector is used for, other than the MD which I don't have but something seems to be plugged into it?

I'm a bit confused though, I have IS200SE model, 2001 with the 13903 headunit (CD at the top), and no Sat-Nav. Both of the connectors on the back of the headunit are used, albeit one only has a couple of wires in it where it looks like the Grom connects to .

My question, although I think it may have been answered a page or so back is do I use the Y-piece connector as detailed in an earlier post or leave out the connector altogether and see what happens.? Anyone know what the connector is used for, other than the MD which I don't have but something seems to be plugged into it?

Hi,

if you go back in this thread to post #66 and read up to post #69 (on page 4) you will find answers for your questions- pics included :) powerpuff mookie from belgium had almost the same problem like you - both harness (the relevant and non relevant) were already fitted with connectors.

The GromAudio box comes with a ca specific cable which allows you to handle the originally fitted connector. The one end of the cable who comes into the stereo has two connectors. The female connector gooes dirctly to the stereo harness and the male one offers a place for your originally fitted connector. So the Grom is fully integrated and no connector is left over.

Just have a look at the pics and you will find out that you won't have any problems to fitt the Grom box correctly :D

Best Regards from Berlin and have a good start into 2008

Sonnet

Hi,

if you go back in this thread to post #66 and read up to post #69 (on page 4) you will find answers for your questions- pics included :) powerpuff mookie from belgium had almost the same problem like you - both harness (the relevant and non relevant) were already fitted with connectors.

The GromAudio box comes with a ca specific cable which allows you to handle the originally fitted connector. The one end of the cable who comes into the stereo has two connectors. The female connector gooes dirctly to the stereo harness and the male one offers a place for your originally fitted connector. So the Grom is fully integrated and no connector is left over.

Just have a look at the pics and you will find out that you won't have any problems to fitt the Grom box correctly :D

Best Regards from Berlin and have a good start into 2008

Sonnet

Thanks Sonnet, gonna order one today. :winky:

Morning all, just something that ive noticed, not sure if anyone has experienced this, for some reason the headunit wont turn on from the power button (not every time, only when it feels like it !!)......when this happens, i turn it on by pressing either CD or FM? anyone know what thats all about?

Morning all, just something that ive noticed, not sure if anyone has experienced this, for some reason the headunit wont turn on from the power button (not every time, only when it feels like it !!)......when this happens, i turn it on by pressing either CD or FM? anyone know what thats all about?

Mine does that too - not a big hassle tho.

Happy new year fellas!!!

Really :o havn't noticed it so far. But thanks for the advice!

What do you think, could I be usefull to collect all features and bugs of the grom adaptor in an own thread. It could be helpfull for all interested lex driver out there to bring all experiences together in a new topic so that not everybody has to read through all the 5 pages...

Reason of this idea is, that people read the headline, jump than to the last page and ask questions which have already discussed on page three when we all were on the way to investigate the solution...

If you are interested I will start this topic this evening!

Best regards from Berlin

Sonnet

I have a big problem with the email of INDASHPC ( inquiry@indashpc.org & info@gromaudio.com ). I always get an "mail failure delivery" when I send them an email. Am I the only one ?

I received after one week the GROM AUDIO kit (IPOD) for my Lexus IS200 12/1999 (m.y. 2000) with gps satnav, external amplifier and 8 speakers.

But the GROM AUDIO kit doesn't work. So I contact INDASHPC :

I received the GROM AUDIO kit on the 02 january 2008. I installed it immadiatly. Connectors are the good one. They fit perfectly on

my radio. Unfortunately, the radio did not reconize the kit and then the ipod (classic 5th gen 30Gb). I looked in the installation guide the chapter "3.6 troubleshooting". So, I check all connectors. They were well connected. I disconnected them and connected them new. But my radio did not still reconize the GROM AUDIO kit. Can you help me to resolve this (big) problem ASAP ? Sincerely, Marc

I received an answer very quickly (I contact the technical support by the website of INDASHPC) :

Hi Marc,

I think we have compatibility issues with 13902 units,

We're looking for such unit for tests,

I will let you know next week when we have a solution,

Thank you,

Dmitry/

I have a big problem with the email of INDASHPC ( inquiry@indashpc.org & info@gromaudio.com ). I always get an "mail failure delivery" when I send them an email. Am I the only one ?

I received after one week the GROM AUDIO kit (IPOD) for my Lexus IS200 12/1999 (m.y. 2000) with gps satnav, external amplifier and 8 speakers.

I received the GROM AUDIO kit on the 02 january 2008. I installed it immadiatly. Connectors are the good one. They fit perfectly on

my radio. Unfortunately, the radio did not reconize the kit and then the ipod (classic 5th gen 30Gb). I looked in the installation guide the chapter "3.6 troubleshooting". So, I check all connectors. They were well connected. I disconnected them and connected them new. But my radio did not still reconize the GROM AUDIO kit. Can you help me to resolve this (big) problem ASAP ? Sincerely, Marc

I received an answer very quickly (I contact the technical support by the website of INDASHPC) :

Hi Marc,

Thank you,

Dmitry/

i too have the same problem mate, and had the same response from Dmitry @ GromAudio, i guess its a case of waiting and seeing.

the only thing i can think that i may try is try a different ipod, i too have the 30GB ipod video. think im going to try at the weekend with my sister new nano and see if it makes a difference

Hi Marc,

Thank you,

Dmitry/

i too have the same problem mate, and had the same response from Dmitry @ GromAudio, i guess its a case of waiting and seeing.

the only thing i can think that i may try is try a different ipod, i too have the 30GB ipod video. think im going to try at the weekend with my sister new nano and see if it makes a difference

Off the top of my head i think that mine is the 13902 headunit and ive also got the ipod video......it must be a faulty unit

Hi Marc,

Thank you,

Dmitry/

Off the top of my head i think that mine is the 13902 headunit and ive also got the ipod video......it must be a faulty unit

I don't think that your headunit is the 13902 one. I think that the "13902" is the headunit with satnav and external amplifier.