Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When people are looking to buy a car they usually compare them.

If you leave the "extras" on your car then you can advertise it that way i.e. "Upgraded alloys, lights etc."

May give your car the edge alongside a bog standard model.

Plus saves the aggro of removing them and replacing the original bits Then having the hassle of selling the bits you took off.

You can always say to an interested punter that you will lower your price by removing the extras. Nine times out of ten punters know extras cost money so will want you to leave them on and pay the extra.

Just my opinion.

Just fitted 6000K HIDs to mine this afternoon and they make an astounding difference to the lighting, bought them off eBay.com for £60.00 including delivery. They have the HID lamp as dipped beam and a normal halogen for main but with the light output from the dipped HIDs you don't really need main beam plus it's rare to get a clear road to use main these days for more than 10 seconds at a time!

I had to modify the 3 way headlamp bulb connector as it was wired as common earth but not too much of a problem with the help of the wiring diagram and a multimeter.

Sorry Alex I seem to have hijacked your thread I would personally leave all the kit on the car for selling,but the 18 wheels sound tempting and if you fit the original rear light clusters back I would be very interested in the clear ones if you haven't modified the inner boot sections to fit :whistling:

• 1 month later...

In case you fellas hadn't already guessed from ade's post above...

The big dog is sold!

Sold to Ade yesterday for a suitable sum.

All the best with the car Ade, I'msure you will have few if any problems and if you do, the fellas here will be sure to help you out and with BazGTR on your doorstep you'll be fine.

:offtopic:

It's less of a goodbye and more of a ta for now.

I'll be stoping buy and checking in and you never know, I may end up with another LS in the US as my second car.

Needed 7 seats and wanted 4 wheel drive for the Illinois winters, plus choice of lease cars (company that my company uses) is limited, so I have ended up with the audi Q7.

Not a Lexus I know, but at least European not a gas guzzling yank tank! ;)