Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing Mirror Removal

Rsarin

recently i had my wing mirror kicked off by some lout,and couldnt work out how to remove the old mirror base,in order to fit a new one.After frantically trying i decided to ring gaylord Gord and naturally his genius flowed and he showed me the way.Anyway just been browsing through old threads and found this-should really have searched in the first place.

So the moral of the story is use the search button!!

here's the guide

http://www.geoffh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ima...rror/mirror.pdf

i think you will all agree-its an amazing guide and its the kind of guide that makes this forum what it is-an extremely informative,cool space.

@ Anees, I know he's a legend,id love to meet him one day!

Yeah wozza,i did think about that-i mean hopefully no one will ever need it

@lee,was up by your place today mate at knights-lookin for a mini.Give us a bell next time your bored and we'll do summit,im bored most days btw.

Are you saying its possible to buy a replacement "base"....? What do you mean by this? The lower moulded section of the wing mirror I hope!?

My wing mirror is cracked and I have glued it back together a few times now. If I could buy just the part I need to get it fixed properly I would be very happy.

Martin.

AFAIK lexus centres,dont sell parts individually.the wing mirror part costs £288, thats for everything.I suspect this is a money making exercise,but cant rule out that it may not be cost effective to do it any other way,due to manufacturing costs etc,so appreciate the company has few options.I am buying the housing from snowman and im hoping i can use bits from his parts to work with bits from my parts.Best bet is to go to a breakers yard,or try anyone on here that may have parts lying around.Either way call Lexus and its £288.

hi mate are you sure you havent been quoted for the housing?i thought the glass from lexus was £30-40.or is it your mirror housing that has broken?

Its just the mirror. The housing is intact (thankfully).

I hope you are right. I'll give them a ring again tomorrow morning.

I was going to look at after market wing mirrors such as the ganador ones if it really costs that much.

hi mate are you sure you havent been quoted for the housing?i thought the glass from lexus was £30-40.or is it your mirror housing that has broken?

Its just the mirror. The housing is intact (thankfully).

I hope you are right. I'll give them a ring again tomorrow morning.

I was going to look at after market wing mirrors such as the ganador ones if it really costs that much.

i hope its sorted soon for you mate.Dont think Lexus can charge £150 for the glass,that would be insane.

Finally sorted. Its going to cost me £60 for the glass with heating mechanism from lexus. :crybaby:

Thankfully my IS didn't have the anti-glare mirror which apparently has some special fluid flowing through it cost that would have cost £170 just for the glass :excl:

Madness.

Finally sorted. Its going to cost me £60 for the glass with heating mechanism from lexus. :crybaby:

Thankfully my IS didn't have the anti-glare mirror which apparently has some special fluid flowing through it cost that would have cost £170 just for the glass :excl:

Madness.

nice one for clearing that up.

HEATED GLASS FROM LEXUS ------ £60

HEATED GLASS FROM LEXUS WITH ANTI-GLARE ------ £170 (omg)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links