Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seatbelt Warning Beep Disable

Do you know what you did differently to get it to work?

I have just tried it without success :-(

Cancel yesterday's post! I managed to disable the buzzer this morning. Thanks heavens I could park up and exit the car park without the buzzer driving me mad today. My belt was on as soon as I left the car park. Many thanks to Mooranger for this timely post.

Thing is I believe is to ensure you are not pressing the odo button when turning to on. Leave it a second or so then press the button. After 10-20 seconds or put the seat belt in.

If still doesn't work put the headlights to off rather than auto as this control is also used for a service based menu so may have some impact. Don't know if other who were succesful had the lights on auto or off.

br

D

There has been quite a bit of discussion (and threads) on this before, with some people disabling the seatbelt warning successfully, others not. I managed it with my previous Rav 4 and IS200, so was fairly sure it could be done on other models. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts yesterday, it worked on my 2004 RX300 SE-L as follows:

Sit in car, close door, turn IGN to ON (the last position before starting the engine, but no need to actually start engine) and set Odometer to full mileage reading (ie not trip A or B)

Turn off, remove key

Re-insert key, turn back to ON (as above)

Press and hold ODO button for 30 seconds (may be OK with less, but 30 worked for me)

whilst still pressing ODO button, clip in seatbelt

b_on or b-off appears in ODO display

take finger off ODO button, and press again to change between b_on (bleeper on) and b_off (bleeper off)

unclip belt and turn off ignition to set

I just tried it again as above, and it definitely works.

I'm not suggesting you can now drive without a seatbelt on, but it stops the damn thing bleeping in a car park or wherever else you may prefer not to have the belt clipped in.

This gentleman was able to do it on the IS200, does anyone know how? Does it disable the passenger flashing indicator aswell?

This gentleman was able to do it on the IS200, does anyone know how? Does it disable the passenger flashing indicator aswell?

The IS doesn't have a bleeper though, but I guess it's worth a try if it bothers you (or just pull the bulb out) - I don't mind the flashing light so much, but the beep on the newer cars is seriously annoying!

*edit* actually just discovered that this method works to switch off the seatbelt warning and the reverse beep on the prius - wonder if that's the case on the other models too?

• 2 years later...

There has been quite a bit of discussion (and threads) on this before, with some people disabling the seatbelt warning successfully, others not. I managed it with my previous Rav 4 and IS200, so was fairly sure it could be done on other models. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts yesterday, it worked on my 2004 RX300 SE-L as follows:

Sit in car, close door, turn IGN to ON (the last position before starting the engine, but no need to actually start engine) and set Odometer to full mileage reading (ie not trip A or B)

Turn off, remove key

Press and hold ODO button for 30 seconds (may be OK with less, but 30 worked for me)

take finger off ODO button, and press again to change between b_on (bleeper on) and b_off (bleeper off)

I'm not suggesting you can now drive without a seatbelt on, but it stops the damn thing bleeping in a car park or wherever else you may prefer not to have the belt clipped in.

Tried several times this without success. I am quite sure that I did follow the instructions to the letter. I think it only worked with the slight alteration:

- I turned the ignition to ON whilst pressing the ODO button and I clipped the seat belt within 5-10 seconds after turining on the ignition. I think the time to clip the seat belt is very i portant in this procedure.

RX400h 2007

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Stunning! That blasted beeping on my 2008 RX350 has been SO very annoying, and now it's gone. Thank you so much, mooranger, for your post. It didn't work the first couple of times, but finally did after I pressed and held the ODO button for a full minute. What a relief!

• 4 weeks later...

BRILLIANT! Been driving me and my wife nuts since we got our RX400h. worked first time no problem. huge thanks! :)

This thread has had over 13,000 views! I've used it and am very grateful that the beep has been silenced. I never drive on the road without a belt but I do unbelt in say a car park. It used to drive me mad. I wonder if Lexus has taken note of this thread and how it has been of significant help to Lexus owners.

:winky:

• 1 year later...

Sit in car, close door, turn IGN to ON (the last position before starting the engine, but no need to actually start engine) and set Odometer to full mileage reading (ie not trip A or cool.gif

Turn off, remove key

thank you for this!!! I have managed to disable it on my Gs 450 too.

• 1 year later...

Sit in car, close door, turn IGN to ON (the last position before starting the engine, but no need to actually start engine) and set Odometer to full mileage reading (ie not trip A or cool.gif

Turn off, remove key

Hi,

Will the flashing setbelt light still flashes with the beep disabled?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

• 7 months later...

On my 2010 RX 350 i have tried and tried this method and cannot get it to work. My question is does anyone know if they have come out with an update disabling this method or what can be done? I have read through this entire thread and so many people have been able to use it with success i do not know what else to do personally. I have checked other threads and it is all the same. I have held the "ODO trip" button down for over a minute and a half, held it down as i put the vehicle into the "On" (without engine) positioning, I have even tried turning on or off the lights as was suggested. I do wonder if being a push to start would effect anything? i am not starting the vehicle because i am not pushing on the break to start the engine so i know and see the electronics come on but not the engine. The button i am pressing for the "ODO trip" is on the left of the steering column and just changes the trip and ODO portion on the screen. Where would i see the b- on /off ? Possibly in place of the ODO, on the Nav screen, or in the HUD display on the windshield? Does this only work on Lexuses in the UK as i am in the USA? Any help on this would be much appreciated THANKS!!!

• 5 years later...

I've just purchased a 2004 RX300 SE... the seat-belt buzzer was an unpleasant change from the LS400... found this thread that started back in 2007, and all sorted. Brilliant.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links