Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seatbelt Warning Beep Disable

There has been quite a bit of discussion (and threads) on this before, with some people disabling the seatbelt warning successfully, others not. I managed it with my previous Rav 4 and IS200, so was fairly sure it could be done on other models. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts yesterday, it worked on my 2004 RX300 SE-L as follows:

Sit in car, close door, turn IGN to ON (the last position before starting the engine, but no need to actually start engine) and set Odometer to full mileage reading (ie not trip A or B)

Turn off, remove key

Re-insert key, turn back to ON (as above)

Press and hold ODO button for 30 seconds (may be OK with less, but 30 worked for me)

whilst still pressing ODO button, clip in seatbelt

b_on or b-off appears in ODO display

take finger off ODO button, and press again to change between b_on (bleeper on) and b_off (bleeper off)

unclip belt and turn off ignition to set

I just tried it again as above, and it definitely works.

I'm not suggesting you can now drive without a seatbelt on, but it stops the damn thing bleeping in a car park or wherever else you may prefer not to have the belt clipped in.

• Like 1

I managed to disable the seat belt buzzer very easily when it was first posted two years ago. My car has recently been in hospital and Lexus has reinstated the buzzer. The original path no longer works. I was delighted to read this post and tried it immediately but that doesn't work either. I have never EVER driven on the public highway without a seat belt and wouldn't dream of ever doing so. However I do use a car park every day that I have to de seat belt to get at the ticket and now I have to re belt to stop the buzzer driving me crazy. I'm a bit annoyed that my property has been altered (whether deliberately or otherwise) and wish I could get back to where I was before it went in.

Cancel yesterday's post! I managed to disable the buzzer this morning. Thanks heavens I could park up and exit the car park without the buzzer driving me mad today. My belt was on as soon as I left the car park. Many thanks to Mooranger for this timely post.

Glad it worked, I was beginning to doubt my own instructions!

All we need to work out now is how to get it to auto lock the doors when the ignition is turned on. Plenty of people said it couldn't be done on my previous Rav4, but it could, so let's hope the RX can be tweaked too!

• 3 weeks later...
There has been quite a bit of discussion (and threads) on this before, with some people disabling the seatbelt warning successfully, others not. I managed it with my previous Rav 4 and IS200, so was fairly sure it could be done on other models. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts yesterday, it worked on my 2004 RX300 SE-L as follows:

Sit in car, close door, turn IGN to ON (the last position before starting the engine, but no need to actually start engine) and set Odometer to full mileage reading (ie not trip A or B)

Turn off, remove key

Press and hold ODO button for 30 seconds (may be OK with less, but 30 worked for me)

take finger off ODO button, and press again to change between b_on (bleeper on) and b_off (bleeper off)

I'm not suggesting you can now drive without a seatbelt on, but it stops the damn thing bleeping in a car park or wherever else you may prefer not to have the belt clipped in.

I picked up my brand new RX400h SE Multi Media last week, I, Like a lot of people have found the "Safety Features" very annoying. This seat belt fix worked a treat, first time ... Fantanstic. Now for the Bluetooth & Sat Nav fixes so i can use the features on the move.

Oh, my doors lock as soon as i reach 5mph.

Cheers Guys :winky:

Try this code :- i know it works.

It works everytime !

a)

Position yourself comfortably in the drivers seat.

Lift drivers arm rest to vertical.

c)

Lift passenger armrest to vertical

d)

Reach over to passenger seatbelt

e)

Insert passenger seatbelt in drivers belt recepticle.

f)

Switch on engine and drive away

NO BEEP ?

Works every time when I drive round building sites

However would suggest not to use when on the road.

Let me know if it dosn't or complain to Lexus

Do you know what you did differently to get it to work?

I have just tried it without success :-(

Cancel yesterday's post! I managed to disable the buzzer this morning. Thanks heavens I could park up and exit the car park without the buzzer driving me mad today. My belt was on as soon as I left the car park. Many thanks to Mooranger for this timely post.

Do you know what you did differently to get it to work?

I have just tried it without success :-(

Sorry, I can't remember doing anything different. I'd failed a couple of times and was convinced that the sotware had been altered to prevent disabling the buzzer. I kept on trying (as I hate the buzzer) and remember getting the b-on b-off page after holding down the button for about 25 seconds. It makes you wonder how many other little "tricks" there are. I'd love to auto lock the doors at 5mph especially.

I bought a Lexus (RX300 SE-L '04) secondhand in June of last year and this seatbelt beeper has been driving me absolutely nuts. Like everyone else, I don't drive without one and nagging your customers seems an odd way to promote their loyalty.

Anyway I can't tell you how pleased I am this solution has been posted. Thank you.

Now, if anyone can tell me how to get round the 'elf 'n' safety 'I agree' on the SatNav.......

Simon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Turn off, remove key

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

James

2007 350 SE-L (enjoying being taxed to death)

• 2 weeks later...

Turn off, remove key

Add me to the list of happy campers re the seatbelt buzzer. Appplied the change to a new RX400h. Note: Process worked but the display showed real words "Seatbetl Buzzer On/Off". Please to find it applied to both seats.

Thanks for you contirbution. Paul Williams

• 1 month later...

All

Picked up my lovely new RX400h Multimedia on Thursday - New England Russett, excellent colour), and have spent the last few days reading through the 800 pages of manuals in half-hour blocks - there's only so much 'Warning - driving this vehicle head-on into large armoured vehicles is not recommended and can cause death or serious injury to occupants' I can take in one session. However, spent Sunday sitting in it trying stuff out, and am now working through this excellent Forum finding help to inhibit the more nannyish safety features. Glad to find this seat-belt one so quickly - will try it later, many thanks, well done. Where on earth is this stuff written down - turn key to this, hold ODO button, hop on one leg, spin round twice, eye of newt....?

Next on the list of - disabling the nav screen startup 'Accept' welcome screen; working out the voice recognition for phone dialling (I've turned that woman off on every screen I can find and she still keeps telling me to do things after the beep - just shut up and give me the beep), and, of course, un-disabling all the features that are disabled on the move. Do the Lexus safety engineers have a recommendation what to do if my passenger needs to change the destination on the move - pull over on the hard shoulder or stop in the fast lane? Off to rummage the other forums (fora...?)

Cheers

Welcome to the club Neil.

Did I see your new car parked at LTP in Havant? How was your experience with your supplying dealer.

Regards

Vadre

All

Picked up my lovely new RX400h Multimedia on Thursday - New England Russett, excellent colour), and have spent the last few days reading through the 800 pages of manuals in half-hour blocks - there's only so much 'Warning - driving this vehicle head-on into large armoured vehicles is not recommended and can cause death or serious injury to occupants' I can take in one session. However, spent Sunday sitting in it trying stuff out, and am now working through this excellent Forum finding help to inhibit the more nannyish safety features. Glad to find this seat-belt one so quickly - will try it later, many thanks, well done. Where on earth is this stuff written down - turn key to this, hold ODO button, hop on one leg, spin round twice, eye of newt....?

Next on the list of - disabling the nav screen startup 'Accept' welcome screen; working out the voice recognition for phone dialling (I've turned that woman off on every screen I can find and she still keeps telling me to do things after the beep - just shut up and give me the beep), and, of course, un-disabling all the features that are disabled on the move. Do the Lexus safety engineers have a recommendation what to do if my passenger needs to change the destination on the move - pull over on the hard shoulder or stop in the fast lane? Off to rummage the other forums (fora...?)

Cheers

All

Cheers

Full instructions for un-disabling the features that are disabled on the move have already been posted on this forum. Both the phone functionality and the sat-nav functions can be used when moving. Unlike the seatbelt buzzer disable this requires a bit of dismantling and cutting a few wires but it works. Search the old threads or if you can't find it I will send you a pdf of the instructions.

I would love to be able to disable the annoying 'I agree' routine you have to go through to use the sat-nav as well but so far no luck with this!

Cheers. Found the info yesterday, seatbelt bit worked, other disable functions haven't yet but need to try harder.

Vadre - yep, it's the one at LTP. Supplying dealer was Lexus Newcastle, but it's a PCP deal through Bank-of-Scotland Freeway so didn't do much with dealer apart from try to get them to fit blackberry charger cradle (no luck). Turned up on the back of a low loader, didn't attempt to ask the delivery guy to explain the controls....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links