Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Rs-200 Left-hand Drive Conversion

Altezza_rs200

First of all, i´m new to LOC, and i have to say i really admire the respect that the members show to each other, and that we are real people, with real problems, if this were another forum, everyone would have Lexus ISF 2008 (at least ordered). What i mean is NO posers, and that´s really good.

Anyway i was going to get a IS300 2002, i live in Dom. Rep, is one of the Caribbean Islands, (the one in the middle) but in the mid time i found an Altezza RS-200 Z-ED SPEC, with a much better price, and way less miles, so i´m going to import it from japan, and then i´m gonna do the full conversion to left-hand drive, uhm, i found a website that has a crashed 02 is300, it was rear ended, so i can use all the steering/dashboard parts from it.

Has somebody else done that here?

Thoughts?

Tips?

as long as you have the lhd parts such as

dash

heater box

heater blower, and a few other behind dash parts

lhd brake/clutch/accelerator pedal

the conversion will be pretty simple, all you will need to do for the instrument wireing is extend it to the other side of the car, but leave the fuse box locations as they are

Thanks for the help, and monster-mat could you be more specific, i just got an email from my parts supplier, asking what did i need? i haven´t answer it yet, i´m guessing dashboard, wires, steering column?

you will need from the donor car.

steering rack

steering column

crash bar (behind dash Bar)

dash complete

heater box

heater blower

aircon condensor

heater matrix

accelerator pedal

brake pedal

clutch pedal

clutch master cylinder

possibly brake booster

you will more than likely need to move the Battery to the trunk...as the Battery is in the way of where the brake booster goes(this is the option i would take)

unless, you also get the complete

brake lines

clutch lines

ABS block

regards the wireing, it will be easier to use the RHD loom, but extend whatever wires it requires to be extended, such as....

indicator, lighting stalk loom (approx 20 wires)

instrument binnacle loom (approx 30 wires)

heater box/fan blower motor loom (several wires to different componenets, within the heating unit..valves etc etc)

Brake switch loom....(2 wires)

and approx another 4 or 5 wired plugs to relocate, it sounds more than it actually is.....trust me, ive re-wired the is200 several times

there will obviously be a few other parts...but i cant think off the top of me head.....

drop me a pm, and i can help more if you need

items in RED means i am not 100% sure if you need them, as the aircon pipes and coolant pipes to the heater matrix pass through the bulkhead at the same point

• 8 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, 

I have a Altezza RS200 with RHD, and would like to convert it to LHD too, so I have the same problem with George T in this thread;

and, i fould another problem; the steering shaft interfere with the exhaust manifold, did you have this problem? if you have anything suggestion, it will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links