Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Please can anyone tell me what the ECT power button actually does - I know it enables faster acceleration etc but does anyone know exactly what/how. I assume it just holds the gears till higher rev before change.

If that is the case - anyone got any experience of how the fuel economy is affected if I just leave it on?

Many thanks :=)

• 2 weeks later...
I have found it makes the changes more snatchy but its a more sporty feel .......when you get bored with the incredible smoothness of the auto box :winky:

The ECT button does exactly as said in the first post, as for the fuel consumption (I wont use figures as we use KM's / Litres not Miles / gallon) but the consumption all boils down to your driving style.

The ECT power on, gives you more power, if you drive more aggressively with this power, consumption will go up. If however, U drive the same style as when u drive with it off, consumption will go down.

E.g. If u travelling up a hill and gear in low revved 6th, it's going to take more petrol to maintain the speed than what it would if u were in high revved 5th.

I have found it makes the changes more snatchy but its a more sporty feel .......when you get bored with the incredible smoothness of the auto box :winky:

The ECT power on, gives you more power,

so you're saying the engine mapping or whatever is change to increase power? What power is produced in normal mode? I presume 204bhp is prodused in 'power' mode.

I would love to hear more about it producing more power - this is not my experience or expection but I would like to be wrong. I reckon it changes the shift pattern and thats it. If it upped the power then it would make more of a fuss of it in the book - and everyone would have it on all the time :=)

BTW - North Yorks to Portsmouth return driving as i felt like - tank average over 38 and at one time was 40 - just gets better!

I think it does improves throttle responsiveness. This would I imagine be easy to do with an electronic throttle/accelerator. Similarly, the 'snow mode' not only adapts gear changes it also damps down the throttle so that acceleration reduces to reduce the risk of slipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

It does indeed improve response, which makes it "feel" like its up'd the power but it hasnt.

just like ^inventor says, in snow mode it damps the throttle.

my theory on shifting..... it doesnt actually change the point it shifts.... in normal mode if you punch it from a stand still it will change at the exact same point as if you were in ECT Power. the only reason it feels like it shifts at different points(while driving) is because its in power mode its reached the change point quicker than in normal mode.(as its more responsive!) kinda like simple math. two 250's at the 1/4 mile. 1 sets off, the other 1/2sec later. the 1st car will cross the line before the other.

heres another thing....

while driving hold the throttle in normal mode, flick to Power ECT. my gs surges slightly and picks up abit more speed.

although this could be down to me not being able to control my right foot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links