Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet Latch For Is 250

My IS 250 SE AUTO's bonnet latch is quite rusty. Is this normal? has anyone else got a rusty bonnet latch on their IS 250? my IS 250 is 2 Years old now.

The bonnet latch i am reffering to is the bit on the front of the car that the bonnet goes and hooks into (just above the Lexus Logo on the front grill)

LOL, i'm just wondering if its meant to rust like that or should i mention it to lexus when i take it in for a service?

My bonnet catches have always been well greased which probably helps to limit corrosion. Perhaps you should apply some.

You mean you've not checked your oil and coolant levels in the last 18 months :o

No I pay the dealer to do it at every service. Has anyone actually had to top them up between the normal servicing? I've never over the last 8 years of Lexus ownership.

No I pay the dealer to do it at every service. Has anyone actually had to top them up between the normal servicing? I've never over the last 8 years of Lexus ownership.

I know Japanese reliability is legendary, but your faith in their technology has amazed even me!

LOL, i'm just wondering if its meant to rust like that or should i mention it to lexus when i take it in for a service?

My bonnet catches have always been well greased which probably helps to limit corrosion. Perhaps you should apply some.

Word of warning on this. I had two bonnets ( not Lexus!) fly up at speed on me - smashing the windscreen and roof. On both occasions the problem was a well greased bonnet catch - the grease took up road dirt and salt, forming a sticky paste which prevented the latch securing properly. A small smear is all you need.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links