Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just returned from Harrogate where the Hotel we stayed in had very limited Parking Space & the slots that were available were just wide enough if you parked dead centre!

When I parked there was no-one in the space to the left of me but that space was only suitable for a Mini as the next car to the left was well over "his" white line.Fast Forward some 8 hrs.& imagine my shock when I saw an Audi A4 Estate had squeezed into the space leaving a gap of c.6" between my n/side & his o/side!!!!!!!!!In pouring rain, I checked & could not see any damage whatsoever to my car,took his reg.no & thought I would move my car fairly early this morning & re-check my car for damage.The Audi driver could not have used either of his front doors to exit & I was surprised to find his back seat was in the upright position as this,to me,was his only possible exit/entry route.

Got up this morning,confirmed all was well with mine,went to get my cases & the Audi had gone revealing the narrow space & no damage to the car on his near-side either that had strayed over "his" line.

Close call :the Audi driver was a decent chap after all & fit as a butcher's dog to scramble from the rear hatch to the drivers seat unless you have any ideas?

Tel

one of my pet hates when people park that close , even worse when they do it to your drivers side making you have to squeeze in or use the passenger side . i reckon they are mostly company car drivers as you would not treat something you paid loads of money for like that .

I have to admit, i am guilty of doing this once or twice, but only when the space is plenty wide enough but they insist on parking right upto the white line, sometimes over, to stop people parking there :tsktsk:

This is in a van mind you :)

Perhaps he pushed it in, and left the handbrake off :)

problem i have now is the landcruiser takes up the whole of the space up to both lines , why cant they make the spaces bigger like in america .i can understand in old car parks etc because cars were smaller years ago ,but they still build the spaces the same size even in new developments . make them all the same size as the parent and child they are great :lol:

Just returned from Harrogate where the Hotel we stayed in had very limited Parking Space & the slots that were available were just wide enough if you parked dead centre!

When I parked there was no-one in the space to the left of me but that space was only suitable for a Mini as the next car to the left was well over "his" white line.Fast Forward some 8 hrs.& imagine my shock when I saw an Audi A4 Estate had squeezed into the space leaving a gap of c.6" between my n/side & his o/side!!!!!!!!!In pouring rain, I checked & could not see any damage whatsoever to my car,took his reg.no & thought I would move my car fairly early this morning & re-check my car for damage.The Audi driver could not have used either of his front doors to exit & I was surprised to find his back seat was in the upright position as this,to me,was his only possible exit/entry route.

Got up this morning,confirmed all was well with mine,went to get my cases & the Audi had gone revealing the narrow space & no damage to the car on his near-side either that had strayed over "his" line.

Close call :the Audi driver was a decent chap after all & fit as a butcher's dog to scramble from the rear hatch to the drivers seat unless you have any ideas?

Tel

I would bet that you were staying at The Swallow in Harrogate, we stayed there when my car was only one week old and I was also worried by the lack of space. We had a great weekend some good bars in the town the only down side was watching England loosing the rugby world cup.

Pleased you car was ok

Merv

in car parks i park further away than the rest of the cars and take 2 spaces and im willing to argue with anyone that is not happy. I have had people come and complain but i simply dont care. I dont want to go and get my car painted because of someone else being careless !!!

in car parks i park further away than the rest of the cars and take 2 spaces and im willing to argue with anyone that is not happy. I have had people come and complain but i simply dont care. I dont want to go and get my car painted because of someone else being careless !!!

Sorry mate but that's a really selfish attitude.

I just park in the spaces miles away from the shops. Unless it's really, really busy (like in the January sales) then usually there is no-one beside me when I park, and still no-one beside me when I return. No dinks, and some much-needed exercise!

I could have taken my Yaris BUT then you end up not daring to use the Lexus for most occasions.Like many I always park well away from the general area of any car park & walk miles if necessary BUT in Hotels all I can do is hog the end of a row & prey a 4x4 with kids does not park next to me!

Use the Lexus all over Europe & never experienced a car so close!

On another point,with the parking sensors on all round,judging a closing gap is fine But passing a narrow gap can be hairy as the continuous tone only judges 6" or less.In consequence, the PDC's always beep on the Shuttle as I pass the Loos & in all tight situations ofcourse.In 5 years(my IS 300 had PDC's all round) I have trusted their accuracy but always wondered how close I really was to those parked cars or the wall exiting the underground City car park.

Frankly,owning any bigger Lexus model would be frightening although I would be only too happy to rise to the challenge & go back to the Ferries & suffer agro parking over the white lines!

Tel

I had something similar happen to me, with my lex being barely 2 months old. Took some mates of mine to a concert in Amsterdam (full of confidence aren't we ;) and planned a route to a parking garage nearby the Melkweg. Hotdamn that parking garage was oldschool and made for Suzuki Salto's, really tight entry/exit not to mention the spots themselves.

Found a spot, at the end of a lane, next to a wall and a Beemer 530i. Asked the passengers to leave the car cause I wanted to park it as close to the wall as possible. After 4 attempts it stood, but not with total confidence :s

Returning after the gig, I found the beemer had left and I was sure it was a leaser so I'd have a nice striping from the front to the back in the 530's colour. Nothing to be found! Really ace of him not to thumb mine cause Im sure he had to make some nasty moves to come out of his spot :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links