Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy On The Rs200 Tip

altezza __rs200

I drive mine quickly :rolleyes: ... average 22mpg

yours is £30/1.06 = 28.3 lts = 6.3 gallons

95/6.3 = 15mpg

so yes yours is worse :o

what is normal driving for you?

when was it fully serviced? sparkplugs, air filter, Have you cleaned the MAF sensor... reset the ECU afterwards too,

Oil type effects economy too

recommended sparkplug change is 55K miles, but i find that too general, best thing to do with sparkplugs is to take them out and look at them, they actually tell you alot about how the car is running...

Air filter clean? found my mpg dropped when i fitted a pod, but i prefer the sound and "slight" performance increase...

you can't really judge on one tankful really... fill up-reset the ECU, then drive like normal... average of about 3-4 tankfuls is your real mpg...

all that been said i know a guy with a 300+bhp evo5 getting 17 mpg and he's not sparing it.....

guy with a 300+bhp evo5 getting 17 mpg not bad at all compared to mines

my cars completely standard with only 23339 mls, but prior to me having the car it was stood for bouts 2 years, could this have an affect on the plugs etc, are there any other parts i can replace that will help. the car also flew through a MOT with no emission problems

• 4 months later...

Having a similar problem with my THIRSTY tezza. Put in £40 of optimax @£1.16 and its done around 70-80 miles with 2 notches above E left on the indicator. Altezza__rs200 can i ask what sorted your problem out???

Any Suggestions PLEEEEEEEEEASE

Having a similar problem with my THIRSTY tezza. Put in £40 of optimax @£1.16 and its done around 70-80 miles with 2 notches above E left on the indicator. Altezza__rs200 can i ask what sorted your problem out???

Any Suggestions PLEEEEEEEEEASE

It may be thats how they are, a bit thirsty, youll notice it alot more with the price of petrol going up, ive crashed my car so havent really sorted the problem....

My mate has a 2.0 bmw and he gets similar miles, so maybe cause its a 2.0l

Well i spoke to someone today and the gave me the following answer:

"Most likely down to a faulty sensor in the injection probably the temp sensor which controls the fuel enrichment for cold starting ie it still thinks the engine is cold so it enriches the mixture like the old manual choke."

Does that make any sense to anyone???

Gonna run it by my brother who's a mechanic and get it on the Diagnostic machine. By the way is the Altezza OBD 11 compatible?

Hi,

for my GS 300 (1995 vintage), my first tank (63 l) of Tesco's normal @ 108.9 p/l gave me 338 miles = just over 20.5 mpg. Average driving, short stuff + motorway. Not particularly aggressive (can't afford to!). Be interested to see if current service has any effect.

Bristle Boy

Hi Chaps,

Well light finally came on and put £10 in, drove around aimlessly to see how much she clocked up. Managed to clock up 40 miles and still around 1 1/2 notches above empty, so i guess i must have been ripping the pants of it with my sledgehammer foot :lol:

P.s In the heat of the moment i ordered myself a new exhaust system to celebrate :D

denso is standard as far as i know, a lot of the electricial parts of the engine a re made by denso

Isn't Denso part of Toyota? I thought they make all their electrical components............

denso is standard as far as i know, a lot of the electricial parts of the engine a re made by denso

Isn't Denso part of Toyota? I thought they make all their electrical components............

Yes, Denso is part of the Toyota group.

Yes, Denso is part of the Toyota group.

Denso is owned by Toyota/Lexus.Back to the point about a water temp sensor problem,you would normally have the orange engine man.light on if this was the case,the computor reads all the sensors all the time and would flag up a fault and put the light on.Around 20-25 m.p.g is around right for a rx300 for town driving.