Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knock Sensor Fault

trotski

Hi Can enyone help me. I have a 1999 windom 3.0 G. 1MZ-FE engine. The Engine check, TRC and VSC lights all come on at the same time. They go away when you turn the ignition off and back on again. The local dealer put the tester on it and said the no 2 knock sensor is faulty. I replaces this myself as I used to work for a toyota dealership. This did NOT fix the problem. The lights still come on and the car seems to loose a little power and the shift pattern changes.

Thanks

trotski

• 10 months later...
Hi Can enyone help me. I have a 1999 windom 3.0 G. 1MZ-FE engine. The Engine check, TRC and VSC lights all come on at the same time. They go away when you turn the ignition off and back on again. The local dealer put the tester on it and said the no 2 knock sensor is faulty. I replaces this myself as I used to work for a toyota dealership. This did NOT fix the problem. The lights still come on and the car seems to loose a little power and the shift pattern changes.

Thanks

trotski

Hiya run a continuity test from ecu to knock sensor, if its good and the knock sensor is new you a detonation problem.

James

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a old post but, Did you replace both sensors? I had a 96 es300 I had to get both sensors replaced and the wiring harnis! Also I had a problem with my 2000 es it wouldnt change gears right, and it wouldnt go over 80, kept studering. For me all it was was a dirty mass air sensor. I took it to lexus of Norwich and they just pulled it off and cleaned it with a rag been runing great for almost 2 years!