Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Again - Arggh

GSSPORT

not good to hear,who fitted them for you.

As they are free floating type you have to take care.

To see if you have a sticking caliper just feel the wheels after a run...they should not be too hot and both the same temp.

When in traffic jams or at traffic lights I always put my auto into N so I'm not holding the car on the brakes thus building up heat.

Putting salesmans hat on I've a set of 3g fronts with 10 grooves and Mintex extreme pads tucked away............

Hi

Yes, I have always put the car in neutral and coasted when coming off motorways while gently using the brakes. Actually, I forgot to mention that the car passed it MOT on Friday, although I have had the problem for the past three weeks. Could it still be a caliper issue???????

Are the disks and pads new and if so, how much are you asking for them??

Ta

£166 for the discs (10 grooves...brembo castings) £60 for the pads (mintex extreme...fast road)

Hi All,

The MOT didn't pick anything up with the brake bias. I have the feeling its the pins (sliders) or a dodgy caliper. I'm certain its not my driving style as I always try to be gentle with the brakes.

It seems you can buy them separately.

I have bought a set of pins for each of the carriers (thats four in total) from lexus. The total came to £24 with VAT. I'm fitting them with weekend at my local garage, to see if it makes a difference.

I have also ordered a set of 3G disks and fast road pads too.

I will let you know, how I get along.

Thanks