Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missing At 5000rpm When Accelerating Hard

Parf

Hi Everyone.

When im accelerating hard my car gives a smooth power delivery until about 5000 where it splutters a bit and the power drops off. It onlys lasts for about a second before it pulls through but it is annoying.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my car.

I have changed the plugs, air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor (if what shown below is the MAF sensor and the arrow is what i have cleaned) and reset the ECU but its still there,.

Any help will be appreciated.

th.f876798956.jpg

Cheers

Hi Everyone.

When im accelerating hard my car gives a smooth power delivery until about 5000 where it splutters a bit and the power drops off. It onlys lasts for about a second before it pulls through but it is annoying.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my car.

I have changed the plugs, air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor (if what shown below is the MAF sensor and the arrow is what i have cleaned) and reset the ECU but its still there,.

Any help will be appreciated.

th.f876798956.jpg

Cheers

nope you've cleaned the air intake temperature sensor

the AIR FLOW wires are inside that pipe... get a torch and shine it in, you should see two very fine delicate wires, spray on some MAF/electrical contact cleaner and leave to dry... if their really dirty you could use a cotton bud , but be careful

really good guide here, different engine but the MAF is very similar HOW TO CLEAN MAF

;)

Thanks for your help. They were dirty but I couldnt get them shiny from fear of breaking them but they are better. Ill give it a go tonight and see if it has helped.

How much is a new MAF sensor out of interest?

Thanks for your help. They were dirty but I couldnt get them shiny from fear of breaking them but they are better. Ill give it a go tonight and see if it has helped.

How much is a new MAF sensor out of interest?

sorry don't know, but if it's working then why change.... want to be 100% sure first, maybe you should take you car to a mechanic :)

if you need to replace it write down the part no. and ring up toyota for a price :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links