Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keeping The Is, But Buying Another Car (its Rapid Aswell :) )

ebthesned

I have decided that im going to keep my IS200 LE and let my GF drive it so I can buy this car, which im hoping to pick up at the weekend pending a new starter motor gets fitted. I know it won't be to everyone's taste but I love the car and have some good plans for it. I know it's not a lexus aswell but im dead excited about getting it hehe.

Below is the car and the spec and a few other facts.

Its been featured in Fast Car and Perfomance French Car Magazine.

It has run a quater mile in 11.9 @ 120mph in 2006 at santa pod.

Engine

1.4. garret t28 turbo,-31 cosworth actuator,ths005 intercooler,k-tec headgasket,high-tensile head bolts,piper high lift valve spring kit,flat top pistons,piper 285 cam,lightened and balanced flywheel,re-balanced crank,modified 25mm venturi carb with larger main and enrichment jets,uprated fuel pump,two degrees ignition retard,modified cooling system,8mm magnecor leads,ngk spark lugs,armtech rev limiter and full throttle gear shift,campus belt and pulley,pipercross induction kit,k-tec downpipe and side exit exhaust,SFS hoses,braided oil feed with inline pressure gauge.

Also forgot to say it now has a turbo timer and a re-con'd T28 turbo.

Transmission

standard gearbox,Volvo clutch pressure plate with four-piece AP racing paddle clutch.

factory brakes.

Suspension

apex 50mm lowering kit.

Wheels and Tyres

7*15 team dynamics pro race wheels with 195/45*15 kumho ecsta tyres.

Bodywork

re-furbished bodywork,focus st orange,marble effect bonnet,clear front indicators and focus side repeaters.

interior is fully stripped and sprayed gloss black,one corbeau bucket and standard passenger seat both with harnesses,LM1 wideband meter unit.

robs5.jpg

robs55.jpg

robs54.jpg

robs53.jpg

robs52.jpg

The last two pics aren't the best, but it shows the renault 5 after it had just been finished with my old focus and the other Epic Custom Paintwork cars in the pics aswell.

IMG_8942.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

isnt that other r5 in the pics the one reported stolen the other day ??

Thats what i thought as well.

Not particularly my cup of tea buts my mates was pushing 225 at the fly, which i thought was pretty inpressive.

Stav

Yeh the car in the pic is the one that got stolen. he is mates with the guy who built this car originally.

I didnt think it would be some people's cup of tea, but i love it and its guna be suprising some people at the lights and on the strip.

Mat this engine is quite reliable as the boost isnt set to a stupid setting and the engine is alot stronger than most R5 engines. It has only blown up once and that was on the rollers. This was because the car was running @ 300bhp with NOS and it couldnt take it. Now the NOS has been removed and the boost is at 18 p.s.i and when the engine was rebuilt it was rebuilt even stronger.

" eeewwww....

*vomits*

what the hell is that!!! ........ "

... was my initial reaction, now that ive regrouped....

Not something that i would go for mate, but hope you enjoy it!

Cheers for all your views but it is only a play thing as the IS will be used for normal use. The R5 is something to escape in when the Baby comes lol and when the GF is being a blag (only jokin). Its mainly a project that I can work on and enjoy looking after.

In terms on the front bumper, that is going to looked at, but i seem to remember that the bumper sits like that due to the size of the intercooler.

Cheers for all your views but it is only a play thing as the IS will be used for normal use. The R5 is something to escape in when the Baby comes lol and when the GF is being a blag (only jokin). Its mainly a project that I can work on and enjoy looking after.

In terms on the front bumper, that is going to looked at, but i seem to remember that the bumper sits like that due to the size of the intercooler.

Like he says he still has the Lex this is just a car to thrash big slow cars like the IS200 on the weekends, yes they are Old Sheds and I agree but I do love them as they weigh nothing and seriously shift and it has a turbo yay... ;)

But as all have stated it will probably blow up by the end of next year good luck & have fun :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links