Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Install The Gromaudio Ipod Adaptor In 1st Gen Is

All done!

Just need to get some better double sided tape for the mic holder as the one that came with it didn't stick at all. I couldn't get the mic in the same place as it kinda blocked the view to the sat nav but mainly as the strip bit wouldn't stay down no matter what I did!

So, mine comes from underneath and sits facing upwards. The holder is stuck in the space to the right of the snow and traction control buttons. I'll post a pic once I get it permanently on, using the old skool loop technique with some black insulating tape I found in the house at the mo!

Everything working spot on, streaming music, calls, and charging via the USB cable.

Excellent bit of kit!

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone.

Sorry to re-open this thread but it seems like it has quite a few knowledgable members attached!

I need some help with a Grom Audio IPD3 i have just purchased for my 2004 IS200.

I have a 'top loading' stereo, without navigation.

I have installed the ipod kit as instructed and as other members have done but am having no luck.

My stereo will not recognise there is anything connected meaning i cant get it to say CD1 as everyone else is able to.

When my ipod is connected to the kit it charges, and the red light is on inside the grom audio unit which would tell me power is getting there.

With everything connected the radio and stereo still function as they should do ie tuning, volume and cd playback so there isnt the muting issue i have heard other get plagued with I just cant get it to select CD1 for the ipod kit!

I have gone through all the FAQ's that carputer-shop and grom audio recommend incl a firmware update and tried all of the tips you guys have suggested but still no luck.

Do you think ive just got a faulty unit?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Did you update with the Toyota-specific firmware?

Anyway, I'm sure you would have but just worth double-checking. The next step I'd take is to remove power to the stereo unit altogether (keep the Grom unit plugged in) and let it be for a minute or so before reconnecting. It may recognise the GROM unit after that.

Failing that, I suspect it could be a dud unit so worth chasing up GROM for a replacement.

Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah i made sure it was the TOY firmware.

And yes ive tried unplugging the stereo a few times and in different ways ie with/without the grom kit connected and ipod playing/on pause.

Looks like ill be giving Carputer-Shop a call tomorrow to get a replacement shipped out asap.

Gotta have it by friday because me and the missus are driving down to southern Spain. Cant be dealing with a car full of CD's to keep me entertained! Should have got my finger out and ordered it sooner!!!

• 6 years later...