Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was in my local supermarket yesterday and i flicked through the EVO Magazine and I happened to find a couple of pages on the IS F.

Cut a long story short they gave it 4.5 out 5 Stars!

Also I recall I posted a while back that there are a few pictures going around of the IS F some make it look ugly and others make it look very nice, well I'm pleased to say all the recent pictures I've seen of it and the video's I've seen make it look very very nice.

I think the car looks aggresivelly attractive.

Allthough I would go for the Ultrasonic Blue colour I must say the Matodor Red isn't bad either.

Take a look at the Evo Mag it's got Car of the Year 2007 on the front cover.

I was in my local supermarket yesterday and i flicked through the EVO Magazine and I happened to find a couple of pages on the IS F.

Also I recall I posted a while back that there are a few pictures going around of the IS F some make it look ugly and others make it look very nice, well I'm pleased to say all the recent pictures I've seen of it and the video's I've seen make it look very very nice.

Allthough I would go for the Ultrasonic Blue colour I must say the Matodor Red isn't bad either.

Ive got the mag as well (monthly subscription) and it looks the dogs nuts in the blue colour, in the mag i think they just tested it at the track in japan and will review it in the next issue on the uk roads i think.

Ive got the mag as well (monthly subscription) and it looks the dogs nuts in the blue colour, in the mag i think they just tested it at the track in japan and will review it in the next issue on the uk roads i think.

Yes I think your right they will give it a full road test soon. They actually were giving it a first test in Spain a new circuit in Seville.

I've read a few first tests and they are all very impressed with IS-F,

As I thought to begin with there will be areas where the M3 and RS 4 are better and there will be ares where the IS-F will be better so it's looking good, but what has surprissed me the most is all of these first impressions state the IS-F is more fun to drive abit more of a drivers car, who would have thought that.

I really can't wait to see one on the road, I bet it will look and sound absoloutly awesome!!

Oh and that#s another point all of the first impressions have said it sounds amazing more so than the M3 but also the RS 4 and the brakes are out of this world!!

ive read its got better brakes than the M3,better sound than both M3/RS4 and its more of a drivers car like one would expect an M car to be.It is looking good and it does seem to be looking better for everyday use than either of the competitors.

Yes I think your right they will give it a full road test soon. They actually were giving it a first test in Spain a new circuit in Seville.

I've read a few first tests and they are all very impressed with IS-F,

As I thought to begin with there will be areas where the M3 and RS 4 are better and there will be ares where the IS-F will be better so it's looking good, but what has surprissed me the most is all of these first impressions state the IS-F is more fun to drive abit more of a drivers car, who would have thought that.

I really can't wait to see one on the road, I bet it will look and sound absoloutly awesome!!

Oh and that#s another point all of the first impressions have said it sounds amazing more so than the M3 but also the RS 4 and the brakes are out of this world!!

Yeah they say its better than the M3 & theRS4 in a few areas...i just hope that if it is good on normal roads that they see it as the car it is i.e better or as good as the other 2...but some mags are badge snobs and coz its a lexus and dont have RS4 or the M badge and dont have a racing back ground they would not rate it as good.??? only time will tell...

fingers crossed for the six numbers to come up on saturday nite!!!! :hehe: :D

It was a decent review and for once a Japanese car didn't get poo pooed with the usual "it has no heritage" or "it has no soul" kak that mags tend to say when reviewing a car from that side of world.

hmmm i suppose youre right,they do get some nasty things said about them ,although there are still a few jap cars i can think off that are well respected and get a good press in mags.I know with performance cars people are generally partial to the likes of Porsche and other german creations,but thats mainly an image thing,however i think its hard to dismiss the jap kings such as the skyline and evo's of this world.I mean if the japanese can create a car that humbles a 911TT then i think the world has to sit up and give credit to those crazy japanese engineers at some point.

I think one of the main reasons jap performance cars dont get the thumbs up is cos imo the Japanese are just about getting to grips with styling.In the past only a few japanese creations could be looked at as beautiful-for example the impreza-i think people always respected their performance,just couldnt get past the looks and the cheap interior.I think when a manufacturer like Nissan creates a skyline,again people would never dream of doubting its performance strengths,but again couldnt deal with the looks,especially people who may not want the image associated with street racing.But this all changes when a manufacturer like Lexus come along and has a stab-they are well known for being the japanese mercedes and so when people think of the Lexus,they know they can expect equivalent quality and spec from the car,as they would expect from bmw/merc performance cars.Its also going to have very similar if not more advanced technology than its rivals also.

When the 350z came out mags couldnt get enough of it,its an awesome car and it got the respect it deserved,but it was also easier for people to go and buy it aswell cos of the fact that it looked like a smart sports car(no image worries),like the Z4 and SLK equivalents,it had the same spec and it was quicker than its equivalent rivals.I think the IS-F is going to be welcomed because its the first time the reviewers have actually got a car infront of them that they can seriously compare,as opposed to two cars where the only factor they really share is performance.It happens in alot of reviews.just my opinion of course.When the LF-A comes out it will be as cute as the R8 is and more powerful,its unlikely to get anything other than a warm welcome,i cant wait for that too.

hmmm i suppose youre right,they do get some nasty things said about them ,although there are still a few jap cars i can think off that are well respected and get a good press in mags.I know with performance cars people are generally partial to the likes of Porsche and other german creations,but thats mainly an image thing,however i think its hard to dismiss the jap kings such as the skyline and evo's of this world.I mean if the japanese can create a car that humbles a 911TT then i think the world has to sit up and give credit to those crazy japanese engineers at some point.

I think one of the main reasons jap performance cars dont get the thumbs up is cos imo the Japanese are just about getting to grips with styling.In the past only a few japanese creations could be looked at as beautiful-for example the impreza-i think people always respected their performance,just couldnt get past the looks and the cheap interior.I think when a manufacturer like Nissan creates a skyline,again people would never dream of doubting its performance strengths,but again couldnt deal with the looks,especially people who may not want the image associated with street racing.But this all changes when a manufacturer like Lexus come along and has a stab-they are well known for being the japanese mercedes and so when people think of the Lexus,they know they can expect equivalent quality and spec from the car,as they would expect from bmw/merc performance cars.Its also going to have very similar if not more advanced technology than its rivals also.

When the 350z came out mags couldnt get enough of it,its an awesome car and it got the respect it deserved,but it was also easier for people to go and buy it aswell cos of the fact that it looked like a smart sports car(no image worries),like the Z4 and SLK equivalents,it had the same spec and it was quicker than its equivalent rivals.I think the IS-F is going to be welcomed because its the first time the reviewers have actually got a car infront of them that they can seriously compare,as opposed to two cars where the only factor they really share is performance.It happens in alot of reviews.just my opinion of course.When the LF-A comes out it will be as cute as the R8 is and more powerful,its unlikely to get anything other than a warm welcome,i cant wait for that too.

Totaly agree with you rsarin...i hope it gets the credit it deserves..all jap cars seem to be advanced in technology these days...just read about the new nissan (skyline) GTR35 looks the nuts and has some mad technology on it..Lexus made the 1st ever 8 speed gear box ... nuff said...cant wait to see the new IS-F in the flesh..and i hope lexus do a come and see it first to all lexus owners? :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
ive read its got better brakes than the M3,better sound than both M3/RS4 and its more of a drivers car like one would expect an M car to be.It is looking good and it does seem to be looking better for everyday use than either of the competitors.

It Sounds awsome!!!!! Loads better than the M3, and brakes are also great! sounds good when it downshifts as well and revs up slightly :P

It Sounds awsome!!!!! Loads better than the M3, and brakes are also great! sounds good when it downshifts as well and revs up slightly :P

I very confident statement, just curious have you drove one yet?

Yes, see the lexus is-f at sema show post! :shifty:

Yeh just read it, you are very fortunate, good on you!

Have you driven the latest M3 and RS 4 if so how does it compare?

IMO I would prefer the IS F anyday, but i still hold both RS 4 and M3 with high respect but my preference would be an ultrasonic blue IS F.

Yeh just read it, you are very fortunate, good on you!

Have you driven the latest M3 and RS 4 if so how does it compare?

IMO I would prefer the IS F anyday, but i still hold both RS 4 and M3 with high respect but my preference would be an ultrasonic blue IS F.

I have driven a 2005 M3 and that went like a rocket, i can't really compare them as the M3 was driven on an open road where as the IS-F was driven around a very tight track that did not allow me to get to high speeds. :( The IS-F would still be my main choice, if i could afford one that is :(

Jason :P