Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigator Question

Hi,

I just bought a RX300 (built 2002 Sept) without navigator. Is it possible to find one that fits and to add it to the electronic gadgets in this beautiful car?

I have just registered to this forum and do not know about the topics discussed in the past so I thought I would post this question and hope that someone can help to sort this matter out.

1. If it is possible - where can I order one?

2. Instructions - how to manage with the work?

Best Regards

Ulf J

Sweden

Hi Ulf, welcome to the club :)

If the RX300 is like the IS200, then the Lexus Navigator system cannot be fitted after, it is factory fit only :(

You could try aftermarket Sat-Nav systems though, there are plenty around from the likes of Alpine, Garmin, Blaupunkt and Panasonic. To do this you would probably need to obtain a facia plate adaptor for a standard DIN head unit.

Your best bet is to go to your local car stereo dealer (I dont know of any in Sweden off the top of my head :hehe: ) and ask his advice on which sat nav system would suit you most :)

If the RX300 is like the IS200, then the Lexus Navigator system cannot be fitted after, it is factory fit only :(

I would have thought that all the cabling would already been there to fit the standard Lexus Navigator System. Surprised to learn that it can't be fitted afterwards.

Some of the portable SatNavs available now look pretty good although I've never tried any. I doubt that they are as easy to program to street level as the Lexus unit but they cost less than half as much and can be moved between vehicles.

I've seen the Compaq iPAQ with the Navman jacket and the Garmin unit. Does anyone have any experience of these?

I have a Navman connected to my Ipaq and its great

and the best part is that the software gets updated to add more features every few weeks it seems at the moment

and also that you can add gps speed camera software to work in conjunction with the navigator software.

and of course that you can use it in any car etc

but it looks like a toy compared to the factory fit Nav or the nice Din units with 7" screens

• 1 year later...

you could more than likely get an alpine, panasonic or other generic sat nav system and have it installed. You tend to have to buy a new double bin facia for it to fit.

You just can't get the lexus system retro-fitted because it is so much more integrated into the car.

:tsktsk: Are you kidding???? Is it true that I cannot buy a nav unit and install it in my RX? I currently do not have nav, but thought I might try to find a nav unit and install it.

You wouldn't want to if you find out the cost of the parts. The nav unit, disc, gps aerial would run into $1000s.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links