Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unable To Secure New Battery

JOHN F

hi guys...just bought new bosch s range Battery & im having difficulty securing it due to fact that new Battery is higher than o.e.m.

is there any aftermarket nuts that will extend through Battery bar onto bolt....the bolt is level with top of Battery so i cant use existing nuts.

any thoughts appreciated.

cheers john

hi guys...just bought new bosch s range battery & im having difficulty securing it due to fact that new battery is higher than o.e.m.

is there any aftermarket nuts that will extend through battery bar onto bolt....the bolt is level with top of battery so i cant use existing nuts.

any thoughts appreciated.

cheers john

John...I think you'll find any Battery taller than the OEM will foul the bonnet. It's such a tight fit there's a recess on the bonnet above the Battery connection. Several places consulted their Battery equivalent chart for the IS200 Sport and when I got them home none fitted. When I changed mine I took my old OEM Battery with me to make sure of the sizing. Bit of a bind but just trying to match the overall measurements wasn't good enough 'cos there's so many lumps and bumps on the non OEM 'universal' alternatives, many didn't even fit in the tray. Think I managed to get one from Halfrauds in the end that fitted fine :blush:

Surely the battery should be exactly the same size as the oem one?

I'd take it back to the seller and check he's given you the right one.

Stav

been back to garage who agreed it was the wrong size,they orderd bosch S5 Battery using car reg on bosch database.

after measuring o.e.m Battery bosch S4 was correct one

thanks stav

john

The one you need is the Bosch Silverasia battery - it fits perfectly

I wanted that Battery when mine died, the terminals were too small and my clamps wouldnt fit....even tried buying a new clamp....ended up getting HD one from Halfords

Really? Has it changed recently possibly? I do remember there were two different types for the IS200 when I bought mine though, and I had to take a photo down so they could give me the right one - possibly this could be the problem?

the new bosch S range are replacement units ...S4 is asia silver.....garage followed bosch database which came back with two Battery types for lexus is200.... S5 which was wrong...after measuring o.e.m Battery, bosch S4 was correct one & fitted perfectely... :yahoo:

My 7 year old Lexus had its original Battery before one of the cells failed. I replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a new one from Lexus, £46+VAT with a 3 year warranty.

Battery size is closely related to alternator capacity and overall electrical load of the vehicle. Having a Battery that has a capacity larger than that required may not offer any benefit.

My 7 year old Lexus had its original battery before one of the cells failed. I replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a new one from Lexus, £46+VAT with a 3 year warranty.

Battery size is closely related to alternator capacity and overall electrical load of the vehicle. Having a battery that has a capacity larger than that required may not offer any benefit.

its a great benefit for me during winter time... the 45Ah Battery struggled sometimes to start the car, the 60Ah helps a great deal, and yes the 45Ah was fairly new

I wanted that Battery when mine died, the terminals were too small and my clamps wouldnt fit....even tried buying a new clamp....ended up getting HD one from Halfords

Really? Has it changed recently possibly? I do remember there were two different types for the IS200 when I bought mine though, and I had to take a photo down so they could give me the right one - possibly this could be the problem?

Not sure mate, was almost 2 years ago now......i just got fed up as i tried about three of them and then just went to Halfords

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links