Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For my money I think the MK1 is the better looking car. It's not as squared of at the back and the sport looks very nice (Hence why I bought one). Now you could say I am biased but what are your thoughts on the subject?

with mods they look gorgeous

the red MK1 looks brilliant

but then so do the MK2's

but u know what they all have in common that makes them nice.?

1-they are Lexus

2-they sittin on Chromes.........

Sporties MK2 is very nice

Mk2 for me I think, although nothing wrong with the Mk1. Lets face it, they are both fantastic motors :P

Glenn

PS how do you put pictures on your posts??

For me, gotta be the MK1. They got it right first time. Looks so agressive from the rear in sport spec especially with the 10x18 option. The lower they are, the better they look. To add to the sleek lines, you get an option of a pair of windy millers without badges all over the car letting everyone know.

A great looking car from every angle :D

As one of the few members who have owned 3 GS's, one series one and two series two's it has to be.....................................

A series one Sport as the best looking.

However in ever other way the series two is a far better car.

• 2 months later...
Folks, the MK-1 is the better design, after all it was an Italian design destined for Alfa Romeo that Toyota bought, hence the best compromise.... Italian Design with Japaneese engineering and build quality.

The MK2 was designed by an Italian too - might even have been the same bloke that designed the MK1. The design was offered to Jaguar - who refused it.

FWIW I like the MK1 best.

I orginally fell in love with the Mark 1 when it came out

I was driving an Audi at the time and just loved the look of the car

By the time I could afford one the Mark2 was out and I had one of those

Now have a 430 sport which I feel looks the best

But the Mark one still looks tasty and there are some cracking ones about which still turn heads!

I think Lexus do a good job of updating cars without making the previous model look out of place.

The latest RX is a good expample of that! :)