Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Different Tyres This Time...

Hi All,

I've just noticed that my new IS200 (that's now got 28 miles on the clock since picking it up on Saturday - I must drive it more :crybaby:) has got Bridgestone tyres on rather than the Dunlop SP9000's that the last two cars I had were kitted out with.

Does anyone know why the change? Does the dealer select the tyre choice? Is it something to do with price maybe?

Hope you are enjoying the new car smell still!!

Mine has dunlops, though my dads GS300 (V reg) has bridgestones. When I bought mine I did ask, as I wanted bridgestones at the time cos thought they'd last longer. Was told that Lexus approve on Bridgestones or Dunlops so you just get either.

Mind you I am glad now I have the dunlops as they are quieter than the Bridgestones. So far am well happy.

Yeah, the car still smells like new. I've only done 30 miles since Saturday. It's been sitting there in my garage looking pristine since Saturday afternoon! :D

I'm going for a drive over to my brothers tonight - that'll put another 30 miles on the clock!

I'm also going to Bedford on Saturday (160 mile round trip!)

It needs to get run-in a bit before the 19th April when we're off to the Lake District for a week! I'd like it to have at least a few miles under it's belt before I drive it 900 odd miles in a week up some seriously big hills! :D

i have the dunlops and have been perfectly happy with them

also, i prefer them to the bridgestones because they have a racier tread pattern (but thats just me being silly :yahoo: )

Hi, Picked mine up last year and it came with Dunlops - I had to have a NEW tyre because a nail went into it and it was unrepairable, so i went to a MASSIVE tyre company in Essex and they replaced it with exactly the same make (dunlop) and type (9000's) BUT...... it was different :angry: This one was made in Germany whereas the originals are made in Japan, and the BIG BIG BIG difference between the two is that the replacement (german) ones do not have the big rim protector :crybaby: it fits flush with the alloy rim :o so youve gotta be real careful with it. Dunlops do say that the Japan made ones are available, but you have to get them ordered especialy by the tyre fitters.

I guess maybe Bridgestones overcome this difference ? <_<

when I was test driving a few when looking to buy I found the Dunlops to be quieter. Now am I very glad I got them as I feel they give good grip, both wet and dry.

I never cane my car about but the odd fast spurts are excitable! Mine have the rim protector bit, though they don't do too much if you don't notice you are against the curb and keep going!! (found that out the hard way!) :duh:

When you put the SC430 in reverse, the wing mirror dips to give you a view of the kerb, so no more kerbed alloys! Would be nice if they made this mechanism available on the IS (can't cost much surely?), then buying tyres with rim protectors wouldn't matter so much... :)

My Jan 2000 car came with Bridgestones. Javaboss, are they RE040's? Thats what mine had. When I came to change the tyres I noticed the newer IS's had Dunlops so I asked the dealer which were best and they recommended Bridgestones (and I wasn't buying the tyres from them). It was quite hard to find replacement RE040's as most places that stock Bridgestones only have S02 (now S03).

My Jan 2000 car came with Bridgestones. Javaboss, are they RE040's? Thats what mine had. When I came to change the tyres I noticed the newer IS's had Dunlops so I asked the dealer which were best and they recommended Bridgestones (and I wasn't buying the tyres from them). It was quite hard to find replacement RE040's as most places that stock Bridgestones only have S02 (now S03).

Mine was new in June 2001 with Bridgestone RE040's.

Replaced the lot recently .. Bridgestone again but this time S03's

I liked the S02's, and then the S03's I had next as the grip was excellent but they seemed to wear out very quickly. I replaced them with RE040's again and they seemed far more hardwearing.

Had S02's on my turbo mr2 - 7000miles = bye bye 235/40x17 's :blink:

£300 a pair (at the time) up in smoke - literally on occassion :shifty:

Damn that car was crazy fast - good fun 'til local magistrates put a dampener on things :blush:

So yes, not expecting S03's to last as long as RE040's but i read they outlive S02's.

Maybe if they wear out quick, it'll be a good excuse for some new wheels ...

Now, where's that bottle of bleach :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links