Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Aerial

I'm getting real p****d off about this but every time I take the car to the main dealer to solve one issue it is returned to me with another that I don't notice until I get home. This time it was in to get the drivers door lock assembly replaced and it came back to me with a malfunctioning aerial. :tsktsk:

It's the electric type, mounted on the rear beside the boot lid. Only noticed when I got back from the garage that when it is folding away now, it stops with 4 inches of it protruding where before it tucked away flush. Also it doesn't seem to be able to fully extend any more, it seems to be shorter than it used to be at full stretch. Finally it used to get a little longer or shorter when certain radio stations were tuned in, now it doesn't vary in length at all.

So is it dead ? Or is this something that can be put right somehow ?

Had to replace my aerial earlier in the year & used car-masts-uk via eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antenna-Mast-Lexus-GS300-GS-300-GS-430-Electric-Aerial_W0QQitemZ160183921850QQihZ006QQcategoryZ100915QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcm
ZViewItem

Excellent & prompt service.

Fitted in minutes, the only problem being getting the antenna to fully release.

Basically, undo the top nut, & then, have a helper press the "AM" and "TAPE," or "AM" and "CD" buttons on the radio and simultaneously turn the ignition switch to "ACC." This should fully extend the antenna mast and release it from the motor. (The radio display will show Antenna)

From this useful site:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/powerantenna.html

Hope this helps,

Regards, Max.

• 1 month later...

Had a similar problem wiv my last car, had an electric arial that wudnt fully open or go down. simple solution wen its open as much but not fully grab it from the base an a simple tug to fully open it then simply cleaned the whole arial with a cloth and wd40, always did the trick, i guess it was jus dirt or so. worth a try. ps be careful not 2 bend the arial wen tuggin it slowly.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links