Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is F - Ultrasonic Blue

Blue for UK  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ultrasonic Blue be avialable in the UK for the IS F?

• YES
    • NO

I would really grateful if you could all spare the time to participate in this Poll.

I have recently found out that the Ultrasonic Blue colour (the one which Lexus have launched the car in) will not be available in the UK, this may well change but certainly for the initial UK launch the Ultrasonic Blue colour will not be available.

I'm extremley dissapointed to hear this so can you please all cast your votes if you think this is s good decision from Lexus or not.

Please vote Yes if you feel the Ultrasonic Blue SHOULD be avialable in the UK.

or vote No if you think it shoulb not be part of the UK colour palet.

I'll start with YES it should available in the UK.

Thanks in advance for your votes.

Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to vote.

There have been 15 votes cast so far all in favour of the Blue for the UK.

As I will be sending this poll direct to Lexus GB or at least the results and I have spoken to the Head of UK marketing there, so I would really appreciate more votes from the people who have not voted.

Thanks again.

Agreed - if I were to buy one it would be in blue, mainly as I quite like blue cars (like the one I have at the moment) and the IS-F looks fantastic in that colour.

On a separate note, I think it's ludicrous to do so much marketing for a car in one colour and then not make that colour available in certain areas

If there was no other option, I'd probably settle for silver, but the blue would be the colour I'd want to buy........

Agreed - if I were to buy one it would be in blue, mainly as I quite like blue cars (like the one I have at the moment) and the IS-F looks fantastic in that colour.

On a separate note, I think it's ludicrous to do so much marketing for a car in one colour and then not make that colour available in certain areas

If there was no other option, I'd probably settle for silver, but the blue would be the colour I'd want to buy........

I agree with you 100%, why market and launch the car in Blue giving us the impression as that being the 'F' house colour (which I think is a very good idea), also the blue flames and all the rest and then deciding well we are not launching the Blue in Europe/UK.

Absolutely ludicrous!!!

Actually I had forgotten the rest of the blueness of all the marketing - yeah you're absolutely right!

Ignoring the colour of the actual car in the marketing, this whole "F" brand has been set up around the colour blue! As you say, the flames were blue, but also the F logo is blue, the dials are blue, etc........

They've stuck blue in our heads so much and then not made the car available in blue!

The more I think of it, the more ridiculous it sounds!

Thank you once again for those of you who have taken the time to vote.

I believe although this is the tip ff the iceberg, it somewhat demonstrates the demand there is for the Ultrasonic Blue.

The votes are 24 for YES the Blue should be made available in the UK/Europe and 1 vote saying No, that’s fair enough not everyone will prefer it in Blue.

The point of this Poll was to determine what sort of demand there is and whether the decision taken by Lexus is the correct one.

I thinks it’s fair to say PLEASE Lexus launch the Blue in the UK/Europe, it will be a very good move!!!

Are you guys happy with this email I've sent, please see below.

Good Afternoon,

I am not sure if you recall we spoke a couple of weeks ago regarding the launch of the Lexus IS F and I expressed my disappointment that the decision taken by the ‘powers that be’ is not to launch the Ultrasonic Blue colour for the UK/European market.

I thought I would contact you as my understanding is you have a certain level of influence, to put in simply you have a certain level of influence on what colour pallet will be made available for the UK/Europe?

The link below is a poll I created on the Lexus Owners Club web-site, I thought surely I can’t be the only person that feels this way about the colour of the car. As I thought would be the case, the poll indicates the demand there is for the Ultrasonic Blue to be made available in the UK/Europe.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=46951

I and many others feel it would be a terrible decision if the Ultrasonic Blue was not available in the UK/Europe. Please consider this, the IS F has been launched and marketed in the Ultrasonic Blue, we the potential customer have it in our minds as the Ultrasonic Blue being the ‘house’ colour for ‘F’, the blue flames, the blue interior stitching etc there is a lot of blue.

This theme I feel is a fantastic idea and a fantastic approach you create an identity for ‘F’ which would be a success especially in Europe where this sort of detail matters a lot. I appreciate Lexus have done extremely well in the US but the European market is a totally different kind.

The ‘powers that be’ may feel well there are other colours available but if you look at the UK colour pallet it is ‘very safe’ the only colour that is exciting and sporty is the Red. It would be good to give the customer the option, if they do not prefer the Ultrasonic Blue that’s fine at least they have the option.

A lot of people, myself included just can’t understand after marketing and launching the IS F in the Ultrasonic Blue, why would the ‘powers that be’ decide not to make that available in the UK/Europe?

There is a feeling that Lexus tend to favour the US market and are not giving the same to the European market. I can understand different markets different needs, but let’s put this into context, we are talking performance, we are talking about going up against the M, AMG and RS who are established performance power houses, we are talking real “grabbing the bull by the horns” performance and in Europe there is a strong following for World Rally, F1, LeMans 24 Hours and Touring Cars to mention a few, this is about conquering Europe there is no need to be conservative.

The ‘F’ will be successful in the US, of which there is no doubt, but in Europe there remains question marks, more so from the M3 and RS 4 owners who are driving there bright Red RS 4’s and bright coloured M3’s and these are the people I believe you want to bring over to ‘F’, it would be a very bad decision not to launch the Ultrasonic Blue in the UK, take a person going to purchase either an M3, RS 4 or IS F both the M3 and RS 4 give you the option to purchase a range of bright colours the IS F will only have the Red.

Imagine pulling up to an Ultrasonic Blue IS F with those Gun Metal Grey alloys at a set of lights in London or Birmingham! I know it would be rather special feeling!

I most definitely will be buying an IS F but it would have to be in Ultrasonic Blue, so if that’s not made available in the UK/Europe I would have to find a reputable importer.

I would much rather go to my local dealership and see it there!

Thank you for your time and I genuinely hope to see the Ultrasonic Blue IS F in the UK/Europe.

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

But will it increase the sales? The first batch brought to the UK haven't sold out yet......taking one for a test drive next week as the dealership are saying they'll do a good deal...gonna have to be good as I'm still not convinced I want one. :unsure:

But will it increase the sales? The first batch brought to the UK haven't sold out yet......taking one for a test drive next week as the dealership are saying they'll do a good deal...gonna have to be good as I'm still not convinced I want one. :unsure:

Really? Already doing deals on a car with a limited supply of 150? Is that because you're a regular customer or are they just struggling to sell.............let us know how you get on, I'd love to know how much they're willing to knock off......... :winky:

Really? Already doing deals on a car with a limited supply of 150? Is that because you're a regular customer or are they just struggling to sell.............let us know how you get on, I'd love to know how much they're willing to knock off......... :winky:

I'm not a regular customer at the dealership as it only started trading in October 2007. Don't know why it hasn't sold as it's in the black which looks OK. The on the road price is stated as £53,990 so they can knock that back £3K to start with :whistling: . Be interesting to see what they offer for mine in its somewhat modified state :lol: .