Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just In Time For Christmas

About 11am today I heard an odd sort of breaking plastic noise outside, didn't give it much thought. A few minutes later a lady from across the road knocks on the door A girl has driven into your car grab camera and go outside

impactR.jpg

Lexusdamage.jpg

KAdamage.jpg

Seems she dropped her phone while turning the corner :tsktsk: got her arm stucj=k in the steering wheel and hit my car. At least she's insured, but daddy wants to pay for it so she can get insured again next year. 17 and she got a baby in the car as well, I wonder if she has a clue how that happened either ?

Don't think it's actually bent any bodywork on mine, but it snapped the metal valve off in the wheel, guess tomorrow morning I'll be getting a few estimates.

Insist on it going through insurance. Seems like she needs to be taught a lesson, and effectively being banned might just teach her the value of taking a little care when out on the roads...

Looks like you might have been lucky if you wheel has taken all the impact though - still sucks though mate!

Unlucky, I'd look at estimating a full geometry into it too .... as no doubt something has been knocked out from the impact?

Personlly thought I wouldn't go through insurance,get the dad to pay for it .... yes others may say it could teach her a lesson, but karma is a wonderful thing :)

Unlucky, I'd look at estimating a full geometry into it too .... as no doubt something has been knocked out from the impact?

Personlly thought I wouldn't go through insurance,get the dad to pay for it .... yes others may say it could teach her a lesson, but karma is a wonderful thing :)

I drove the car this morning and the steering wheel is off centre, stop get out and walk back behind the car, NS rear whhel is toeing in a lot, so the car's crabbing :tsktsk: Took it to Supreme's in Basildon as I'm told they do a good job, they think about £2200 with out knowing the exact prices of parts. It's definately an insurance job, and I can't drive it so i guess I'll have a lovely Corsa or Punto loan car over Christmas B) Went to Lexus Southend £37 for the little plastic trim inside the wheel arch, rear door moulding ( painted ) £357,rear arm £95 and a wheel rim £292, plus a wheel centre geometry check and a tyre.

I drove the car this morning and the steering wheel is off centre, stop get out and walk back behind the car, NS rear whhel is toeing in a lot, so the car's crabbing :tsktsk: Took it to Supreme's in Basildon as I'm told they do a good job, they think about £2200 with out knowing the exact prices of parts. It's definately an insurance job, and I can't drive it so i guess I'll have a lovely Corsa or Punto loan car over Christmas B) Went to Lexus Southend £37 for the little plastic trim inside the wheel arch, rear door moulding ( painted ) £357,rear arm £95 and a wheel rim £292, plus a wheel centre geometry check and a tyre.

Those figures don't sound good. I'm guessing you will have a fight to prevent it from being written off if you do take it through the insurance route :(

Those figures don't sound good. I'm guessing you will have a fight to prevent it from being written off if you do take it through the insurance route :(

I had thought of that, don't really want it written off as it a genuine car with only 26000 from new and an almost complete service history.

I got a call from Direct line today who insure the person who hit me, they want it repaired by their "aproved" repairer, some company in Basildon I've never heard of. Phoned a few friends in the body trade and they said they wouldn't use them. Good enough for me, so I took it to Lookers body shop in Laindon, place is full of Toyotas and Lexus. They are contacting Direct line and arrangeing it alll for me. I get a loan car in the morning from Enterprise, they offered me an Omega or BMW 3 series, told them I want a Mondeo or Focus, so I'll see what happens in the morning.

Sorry to hear about your GS being hit. To say this gets my back up is a major understatement. This girl has probably just passed her driving test which makes it worse. Im a driving instructor and no matter how much you drill into them about the correct and safest way to drive, not all of them take any notice. I'm glad your taking it through the insurance. Also, might have been worth having a word with the Police about it, especially as she has admitted to trying to pick up her mobile phone whilst driving. Having to do her theory and driving test all over again might make the silly cow think a bit more. Just my 10p's worth.

Well it's Christmas eve and my cars still sitting outside, fortunately I have a 57 reg VW Passat diesel from the insurance company. I could get used to the fuel consumption, which is just as well as I'll probably have it until mid January.

• 2 weeks later...

got a phone call yesterday, the rental company want the car back :tsktsk: phone Direct Line ( could be Direct Lies ), it would seem as i refused their "approved repairer " it's all my fault. After explaining the situation ( almost calmly :whistling: ) they admitted they are over 3 weeks late dealing with quotes from non aproved repairers. As the tax expired on Dec 31st the GS is now back on the drive and SORN and I'm keeping the Passat, I just can't believe how difficult they are trying to make it.

• 4 weeks later...

The car was finally taken away this morning by Lookers for a geometry check. The Lexus aproved body shop don't have a truck big enough so they drove it away on trade plates ( I've SORN'd it ). Why do I have a bad feeling about it ? I refused to sign authority to start work imediately, because I want to know exactly what they are going to do. Five weeks so far, I wonder how much the are paying for the POS Passat rental car I've put 2000 miles on ?

• 4 weeks later...
Well it's Christmas eve and my cars still sitting outside, fortunately I have a 57 reg VW Passat diesel from the insurance company. I could get used to the fuel consumption, which is just as well as I'll probably have it until mid January.

I was only a month out :whistling: They wanted to return the car Monday of last week, so I asked what they have done in the three weeks it's been in the body shop, painted the side of the car and refurbished the wheel.I explained it was to have a new wheel and tyre acording to the assesor. At this point lookers start getting agressive and tell me there is nothing wrong wirth the wheel, that's because it's not the wheel that was on the car. I finally get the car back this afternon, new wheel and tyre ( tyre fitted incorrectly ) a scuff on the front wing and paint sagging on both doors on the near side, and the damaged wheel centre back on the new wheel. Yes it has gone back. :tsktsk:

I bet you're chuffed to bits about it. NOT!!

Strangely the wife's hidden the keys to my gun cabinet. When I get it back and it's 100% as they promised, I'm going to write a letter to them and the insurance company that are paying for it all. If nothing else it should cause them to have to explain to the insurance company why they had to rent a car for over two months for me.

Hope its sorted soon mate, on a lighter note have you decided what your gonna buy for it with the cash you have saved in fuel when you get it back 100% :P

An MOT and some road tax :unsure: I'm thinking about a new one, trouble is my R reg GS has a genuine 26,000 miles on it and I won't get FA trading it for a new one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links