Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

can someone let me know whats what with the radio stuff. (radio and amp), where are the componenets (other than headunit) located, do they have built in sub woofer things, that will make ny Neil diamond sound Kikin maaan ( :unsure: Joke)

a picture of the console would be nice, if i cant get the factory unit working ill look at replacing the whole lot.

Yup, there is a sub slung up under the rear parcel shelf. As Mudzs says, the amp is under the CD changer in the O/S boot well. There are a few different shots of my centre console etc in this thread clicky. I can do some more of what ever you need tomorrow if there is something more specific you are after.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so, the radio has SEC permanently displayed, i removed the rad fuse in the big fuse box under the bonnet, and it did nothing, but, power is running through the fuse.

i suspect there is another fuse or something?....as the sec is not affected by the rad fuse, but there is no power getting to the radio

is there another fuse for the radio?

how do i check power to the radio?

is there really no life on mars?

yup i know the sec is for the anti theft, but there is no power to the radio, with no power to the radio, i cant reset it, ive found that the DOM fuse also covers aspects of the radio, aswell as another fuse....

From what I can tell with the wiring diagrams, there are three fuses that effect the radio setup. The "25A Rad No. 1" fuse powers the amp in the boot. The "15A Cig" fuse goes to the radio and amp and the "10A Dome" fuse is the main power for the radio. Other than that the only other fuse that does anything else a "7.5A Panel" fuse that controls illumination. As Dave said, the CIG fuse is in the kick panel, as is the Panel fuse, the other two are in the main fuse box.

I'm confused how the radio is showing SEC if there is no power to it though :duh:

I would hazard a guess that it is not a power supply fuse to radio input but rather an output fuse to speakers that is faulty if it is indeed a fuse and not a fault within the radio itself.

all fuses are fine.......hmm now what do i do.

time to remove the unit

SEC will still display, as ive found even with no power at the radio, as the power feeds come back from the amp, not to the amp, tha amp is the controler for the system, the headunit is only an interface

i now have the complete workshop manual on PDF, and im currentl browsing the wire diagrams :winky:

Matt

Just seen your post re radio SEC display.

When I replaced the Battery on my GS I had a similar issue as when I bought my GS there was no radio code.

I gave up and took it to my local 'friendly' Lexus dealer who reset it for me, but would not tell me what they did.

I now have no code at all.

I have a full manual on CD rom and can find no reference to over riding the security lockout.

Let us know how you get on.

Matt

Just seen your post re radio SEC display.

When I replaced the battery on my GS I had a similar issue as when I bought my GS there was no radio code.

I gave up and took it to my local 'friendly' Lexus dealer who reset it for me, but would not tell me what they did.

I now have no code at all.

I have a full manual on CD rom and can find no reference to over riding the security lockout.

Let us know how you get on.

hi keith, thing is i have the code, but when i follow the reprogramming sequence in the hand book, the radio does nothing, the buttons pressed make no difference, just that the SEC is constantly displayed.....

is the same as what you had, i did speak with chris Yesterday and he did say it could be reset.

Is there anyway of checking if a user code has been inputted? I've no code with mine and now I'm scared of disconnecting anything!

According the the manual, "SEC" will appear whenever the key is turned to the "ACC" position.

I assume it appears briefly before the radio then functions normally, unless the power had been disconnected at which point the code would need to be entered. I don't have it set on mine but I can try it out later to see what it does when the code is set.

Hi Matt

Sorry for the late reply.

My problem was simply that when my Battery was disconnected the head unit locked out and the SEC came up on the LCD display.

I did not have a code so had to take it to Lexus to get them to remove the existing code for me so that I could reprogramme it with my own choice of code.

I would give Lexus a try.

yup cheers Kieth, tht looks like what im going to have to do, the fact is i have the code, but i just cant sem to get of the SEC , so ill try it at Lexus.....if not, erm, ill do something else...lol

Not wanting to sound like teaching granny to suck eggs, but I'm assuming you have the owners manual with the key press sequences for entering the code?

yup cheers Kieth, tht looks like what im going to have to do, the fact is i have the code, but i just cant sem to get of the SEC , so ill try it at Lexus.....if not, erm, ill do something else...lol

Not wanting to sound like teaching granny to suck eggs, but I'm assuming you have the owners manual with the key press sequences for entering the code?

yes....i said i did earlier :whistling:

hi thing is i have the code, but when i follow the reprogramming sequence in the hand book, the radio does nothing, the buttons pressed make no difference, just that the SEC is constantly displayed..... i did speak with chris Yesterday and he did say it could be reset.

Fairy snuff :shutit:

I'm still confused by the SEC showing with no power. So you can take the head unit out of the car and SEC still shows in the display?

It is starting to sound like possibly some of the buttons on the head unit are not working? Did Chris say how much a reset costs at Lexus? It might be money badly spent if you get a reset but cannot operate the stereo if some buttons are out?

I'm still confused by the SEC showing with no power. So you can take the head unit out of the car and SEC still shows in the display?

It is starting to sound like possibly some of the buttons on the head unit are not working? Did Chris say how much a reset costs at Lexus? It might be money badly spent if you get a reset but cannot operate the stereo if some buttons are out?

no it was my assumption that, as there is more than 1 power feed into the audio system, that one was not working , as a result there was power in the system to operate the theft deterent part of the system, but not the actual radio functions.

no it was my assumption that, as there is more than 1 power feed into the audio system, that one was not working , as a result there was power in the system to operate the theft deterent part of the system, but not the actual radio functions.

Ah ok. Have you since checked the power feeds on the plugs to the stereo?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links