Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disaster

cho

Also mate if you do plan on running higher boost then you'll need to get uprated internals etc fitted. Or you will break another con rod, then you'll be back in the same boat you are now.

Yeah you are right but I just dont know whether it's something I want to fork out on right now. How is you car running with the low comp. pistons, what's the drivability like? I have spoken to a few people and had mixed opinions.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also mate if you do plan on running higher boost then you'll need to get uprated internals etc fitted. Or you will break another con rod, then you'll be back in the same boat you are now.

Yeah you are right but I just dont know whether it's something I want to fork out on right now. How is you car running with the low comp. pistons, what's the drivability like? I have spoken to a few people and had mixed opinions.

I've only just done the running in miles on it. Its having oil / filter change next week. Then I can get the map sorted and MOT too. So It should be all finished in the next few weeks. Then I'll let you know. :)

I've only just done the running in miles on it. Its having oil / filter change next week. Then I can get the map sorted and MOT too. So It should be all finished in the next few weeks. Then I'll let you know. :)

Who is doing the mapping mate ??

Sent: 02 January 2008 16:04

To: 'customerservices@skyshack.com'

Subject: RE: iS200

Hi Charnjit

Unfortunately we have been unable to locate the electronic dyno data so far. I suspect that either it wasn’t saved or it has been mistakenly filed under another name in which case it may take us a while to find.

We have three different methodologies available for recording boost pressure and air/fuel ratio data, and our technicians have their own preferences for doing so. The standard operating procedure we implement for recording results is a manual record, which of course we do have on file for your car.

//

I guess everyone has now made there own mind up about this now. Why would the "standard operating procedure" be a manual one if there is an electronic one available to them?? I would have thought that a place like TDi would want everything electronically stored for there own ease??? Sorry to read this Cho mate

Sent: 02 January 2008 16:04

To: 'customerservices@skyshack.com'

Subject: RE: iS200

Hi Charnjit

Unfortunately we have been unable to locate the electronic dyno data so far. I suspect that either it wasn’t saved or it has been mistakenly filed under another name in which case it may take us a while to find.

We have three different methodologies available for recording boost pressure and air/fuel ratio data, and our technicians have their own preferences for doing so. The standard operating procedure we implement for recording results is a manual record, which of course we do have on file for your car.

Starting point for Mr Catchpole to start looking for your data cho....655191 done on 04/12/07 @17.08,

3 Page's :D

*****.. don't come on here that much, but i'm really sorry to hear your nightmare story. I hope it gets sorted.

Though its noted the rods are weak point on this motor, i agree with Gord on post #172

All the best.

tbc

tbc

Make sure you get ALL the data when you collect your car .............then it can't be lost :whistling:

Cho not sure if yours is the same but im pretty sure my dyno sheet has my max boost pressure figure on it which was 0.4(somethign something) bar, i know mines a turbo but it could be on your print outs. But other data should be on file somewhere, hopefully TDi can find it otherwise this could all get abit messy.

Cho not sure if yours is the same but im pretty sure my dyno sheet has my max boost pressure figure on it which was 0.4(somethign something) bar, i know mines a turbo but it could be on your print outs. But other data should be on file somewhere, hopefully TDi can find it otherwise this could all get abit messy.

Its not the 1st time thay have not given/lost the data after engine blow-up :shutit:

perhaps the stage 1 upgrade is so reliable that data is not needed to be stored lol, but agree with previous comments if dyno was electronically stored then why the rest wasnt ??

make sure the ink on the manual data sheet has dried as a smear might mean the decimal point appears in the wrong place.

Would the majority of the data be available to uplaod from the FCon.

I see the light! Have sourced a second hand engine and car is being delivered to a garage on monday to start work! :hehe:

Well done.

Take it to another HKS Power writer dealer to get the mapping checked when you have swapped them over

As close as possible to where the work is being done to be safe.

Mr Catchpole is obliged to give you the unlocking code to the F-Con BTW

If the engine lights came on then the factory ecu should store info regarding that, when mine blew there was no warning lights so there was never any electronic data to say why

i see that cho did not publish the full email... only a sected section of it..... tdi have offered him a free block also.

Thats very good of Mark + tdi team :D i wonder what the cost is for uprated engine at cost ??

His last Quote was somewhere near 10k for the uprated is200 engine :ohmy: