Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Gs300 ...saved from the scrappy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go wrong with matt black

Just bought a pair of rear ARB drop links myself, did you get yours from eBay? Seem to be a few "wear and tear" parts coming up cheap on eBay these days. Drop links, tie-rods, tie-rod ends, top arms, bottom arms, bottom balljoints.

Camskill have some good prices going at the moment, just got 2 x 275/35 18 Falken FK452's for £123 each, not bad at all. They have same sized dunlops for £108 but never used them so decided to go for tyres I'd had and used before.

yup got them from EBAY, .....

regards colour im considering something like a dark battleship Grey.... although Matt or satin black is easy to do...just need loads of rattle cans...lol

No-one where you are that will do it for you in a booth? Used to get our paint guys doing cars all the time for a few quid when I was still in.

ok so i chucked the Tein coilovers on today whic took it from this

gs1-1.jpg

to this...

a5eb3ac3.jpg

it was a piece of wee to do, in fact it took me just under 90 mins...to have it all done and dusted, ...alot easier than doing the IS200

but how low is too low....i still need to get the geo sorted but im giving it a couple of days to settle, but god, it drove like **** on the way back home, although we did just have a downpour as well, but it was hella skittish.

and as for the TEINs...dog****, dont like them, they knock like hell, and the c spanners and locking rings should have been made so they actually work together....

but....the cars lowered, so thats all that matters

regards colour im considering something like a dark battleship Grey.... although Matt or satin black is easy to do...just need loads of rattle cans...lol

Matt battleship grey? Like this?

2003029490335437464_rs.jpg

2003050443379090673_rs.jpg

me likey.

no probs, actually it just looks like a dark primer!

which makes it easier.....lol

going to test fit the front wheels tomorrow, to see, erm, how much "re-modeling" of the front arches will be required...

anyhoos, got the wheels on today, to see what work would need doing regards any work on the arches....

i had 2 spare 225 tyres so popped them on the rim and stuck em on the car.

front wheel clearance is ...... well they dont rub.

7e1c26c9.jpg

rear looks a little better.....bigger tyres will be going on the back, what.....not yet decided, and i still have to fit the 25mm spacers

0322b6ff.jpg

overall at the monent, the general stance of the car, is spot on......however, it scrapes, on the speed hump into/out off work

9fae632f.jpg

im thinking of sticking with the blue and white wheels for the time being...

d1c5703e.jpg

Looking good so far. Are the wheels on the back going to rub with 25mm spacers and wider tyres? They look a decent fill in the arches without spacers.

Can't you raise the front up a little to help with the speed bumps? It does look like it is nose diving a little bit at the moment so might look better??

theres room for the 25mm spacers on the rear, the rim of the front wheel extends past the lip of the arch by 25mm, so want to equal it up front /rear

there is still scope to roll and pull the arches a little, so its down to which tyres now, to get the look im after....(which, to be honest i havnt got a clue,..)

i will raise the front a little,(.5 inch at most) but its not far off how i want it....ill just have to avoid speed bumps...lol

• 3 weeks later...

well, doesn't look like i will be using the 25mm spacers, i just don't like the way it looks with them on at the mo.....

i will be fitting the new droplinks when i get the new Selbys anti roll bars

ive ordered my double din fascia panel in preparations to fit the new head unit. (i may have 2 double din fascias if anyone would be interested in the other when it arrives)

3b73a85a.jpg

ive seen a nice German unit that has NAV, BT and does all the normal stuff......

its the Zenec-NC 520.....

ZE-NC520f_kl.jpg

Zenec website

what i like about this unit, is that when the rear screens are plugged in for the kids, i can have it running in dual zone mode, and use nav in the front, whilst playing DVD to the rear

can also set the car up to work with the 5.1 cinema controls on the unit.....as the GS has the possibility for a centre speaker on the top of the dash

I remember browsing this thread when you first started it man. The car is looking bang on now with, it has to be said, not a massive amount of work considering.

This your daily driver now then?

I would love to come across something like this in the scrappies...... and also have some cash in my pocket to snap it up lol.

Oh I have an unrelated question for you too. I'll drop you a PM to save going off topic.

What was wrong after the spacers were fitted? wheels sitting too proud?

Are those stereo brackets the toyota items? Thats where I got my fascia, but they guy reconned there were no brackets. If they are, have you got the part number?

How much are the double din stereo facia's lads? Never seen any kicking about. Or Monster Mat, how much would your 2nd one be? ;)

wait fore the second one to turn up and its yours, for what i pay for it

Im in no rush at all bud, my car has been out of action due to HG failure anyway. Just waiting untill im well enough to fix so PM whenever :)

How much are the double din stereo facia's lads? Never seen any kicking about. Or Monster Mat, how much would your 2nd one be? ;)

wait fore the second one to turn up and its yours, for what i pay for it

Im in no rush at all bud, my car has been out of action due to HG failure anyway. Just waiting untill im well enough to fix so PM whenever :)

Not expensive for the plate, £15 or there abouts. Part No 55412-30430.

I used the cubby hole bit as well on mine as the stereo is single din. Costs £23'ish + vat. Part No 55521-32011. They are Toyota part numbers, Lexus don't do the equivelent.