Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is350 Calipers

Tango

Thought the 4 pot calipers about to go on my IS250 SE-L were a bit bland so painted them black with Chrome caliper stickers, but when prepping the second one before painting decided to polish the machined face.

What do you think...black with chrome decals, or black & polished with black decals?

350originalbbkcd4.jpg dsc00089mf4.jpg dsc00091xx1.jpg

polished with a good coating of laquer

I applied a coat of laquer after polishing, fixed the decals then sprayed another couple of clear coats, so they shouldn't be any more bother to keep clean than all painted. Thanks for the comments guys, I'm going to go with the part polished.

polished with a good coating of laquer

I applied a coat of laquer after polishing, fixed the decals then sprayed another couple of clear coats, so they shouldn't be any more bother to keep clean than all painted. Thanks for the comments guys, I'm going to go with the part polished. B)

sounds great, photos asap :winky: :lol:

• 4 months later...
Nice one Terry look forward to seeing the pic's of them fitted mate think they will look great behind your wheels :D

Seems an age ago that these calipers were prepped, but thanks to Tony and Mark at WIM we got them on the car today with the ceramic pads and braided lines B) ....with Dr Bones looking on of course ;) . Took a couple of pics with the camera phone in the shop, but they're pretty poor, so I'll attempt some more tomorrow. Slight hiccup on part numbers meant a dash to Lexus Hatfield for new disks...and I have a pair of new, boxed discs to fit an IS250/220D available if anyone is interested :blush:

09052008020xv8.jpg

...and I'm not sure whether I prefer the new colour coded wheel centres over the original...oh well perhaps they'll grow on me :whistling:

09052008023az4.jpg

IMO, i was going to say get black and polished, as its very original, but now they are on the car, its hard to notice the black they a bit like 2 pots, goes with sleeper look ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...