Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Sport Tyres

I have a 99 IS 200 Sport and I need to buy 2 tyres. I have a budget and that's spend as little as possible especially becuase it's christmas and I have spent most my cash on presents.

Can you please suggest which tyre would be the best and where from, I'm based in the UK West Midlands, I don't want to buy recons, I need to buy new tyres.

I've been advised to go for Dunlop SP9000 215/45 17"

Your help is really appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I have a 99 IS 200 Sport and I need to buy 2 tyres. I have a budget and that's spend as little as possible especially becuase it's christmas and I have spent most my cash on presents.

Can you please suggest which tyre would be the best and where from, I'm based in the UK West Midlands, I don't want to buy recons, I need to buy new tyres.

I've been advised to go for Dunlop SP9000 215/45 17"

Your help is really appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

You're right. The best tyres for the Lexus IS 1998-2005 are the Dunlop SP9000 made in Japan. But there's a big problem with these tyres. They aren't still produced for around one year. They will be difficult to find.

I tryed the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, which remplace the SP9000. I found that i wasn't a good tyre for the IS. It isn't comfortable at all and made noise.

NEVER budget on tyres, get the best you can possibly afford, cheaper tyres are a waste of money as they tend to wear out quicker, and provide less grip, just think about what a tyre does, they are the most import part of controling the car. The Dunlops you mention are what my car came with, and although ive only had it a week im quite impressed, with their grip levels anyway, only time will tell how they wear.

You could get really cheap tyres or pay lots more, its really up to you what you want to pay, as its your money and you know how much you can/want to spend.

The Dunlop tyres are very good, but so are lots of other well known brands.

Dont know how long you been driving, but ive had all sorts of tyres on my cars over the years and have learned from this. i have found that paying the top price for some tyres has not always been the best, so now ive/go for the one's that ive found best for me, at the min Falken 452 tyres have been very good for me.

£104 for Ceat these are made by Pirreli? (1 tyre)

Ignore sales comments like these, if they were any good they'd name them pirrelis!, its away of using up their bad rubber without effecting their favoured brand name.

try here,

http://www.blackcircles.com/public/order?view=standard

they have the sp9000s for under £90

Fromy my experience with other brands, toyo T1s are good, excelent grip both wet and sry, but wear isnt so good. Kuhmos, not great in wet, and wear as bad/well as the toyos. Michelin Exalto, my Missus has these on the C2 as standard, they are excelent in dry, good in wet, and just wont wear out, her car has 20k and weve only just replaced the fronts (they still had 3+mm on them).

(allthough above are not in the size your looking at, but i assume they use the same rubber in each size!)

ive just had 4 Goodyear F1 GSD3 (or something along those lines hehe), think they were £64 a corner. check out camskill.co.uk, excellent service. tyres arrived within a day then had them fitted for £5 per corner

linky

Falken FK452's get good write ups. They're what I'll be putting on my car next year. Dunlop SP9000's are also supposed to be good. 3 areas not to scrimp on are wiper blades (they let you see where you are going), brakes (they let you stop before you make your car a lot shorter), tyres (they keep you on the road rather than in the hedge). Buy the best you can afford - they are the only things that connect you to the road.

I've just had a quotation for some Dunlop SP 9000 at £117 each inc VAT and fitted? this is from the dealership.

i paid £93 from tyrewise

for approx 2.5 years I had the Dunlop SP9000L, and they were brilliant, never let me down, and gave me 35K on them. Thanks to Dr Tony Bones of course as well. The tyre was made in Japan and had a big lip round the edge. This made the alloy sit more further back and saved me quite a few times from damaging the refurbed alloys. Anyway 8 months ago I needed to replace the back tryes (after 35k). I could not find the same tyre anywhere as it was discontinued, I was gutted as many of my friends commented on how the tyre looked on the alloy, and trust me I searched, my friend owns a garage who got them for me last time at cost of 80 each all in. Anyway he found the new replacement, which has not got the big lip, gutted as I loved the look of the tyre, those who have had them on will know what I mean.

I have just replaced the 2 front tyres on my IS200. I replaced them with the same as the origonals, Dunlop SP 9000 Lexus.

Got them from etyres who sell the standard SP 9000 or the SP 9000 Lexus. They were £102.50 each all in, fitted and balanced etc. and etyres come to you and fit them!!

Brilliant service.

Dave.

I've just had a quotation for some Dunlop SP 9000 at £117 each inc VAT and fitted? this is from the dealership.

i paid £93 from tyrewise

for approx 2.5 years I had the Dunlop SP9000L, and they were brilliant, never let me down, and gave me 35K on them. Thanks to Dr Tony Bones of course as well. The tyre was made in Japan and had a big lip round the edge. This made the alloy sit more further back and saved me quite a few times from damaging the refurbed alloys. Anyway 8 months ago I needed to replace the back tryes (after 35k). I could not find the same tyre anywhere as it was discontinued, I was gutted as many of my friends commented on how the tyre looked on the alloy, and trust me I searched, my friend owns a garage who got them for me last time at cost of 80 each all in. Anyway he found the new replacement, which has not got the big lip, gutted as I loved the look of the tyre, those who have had them on will know what I mean.

35k!! I'm almost on my 3rd set of tyres and there are only 32k on my clock!! First set was Brid's RE040CZ, then had to replaced front Nov 06 with same. January came and the rears were due for replacement which caught me off-guard again and I had to settle for RE050's instead as garage was out of the 40's. Read a review about the 40's at Brid RE040 review (tyrereviews.co.uk) but I can't say I've found same. I only notice the limit on roundabouts and that usually manifests as understeer but is so far not temperature dependant.

Maybe SP9000L's are the way to go! The Bridgestones RE040's have that fantastic over extended wall too which really protects the alloy rim. Has anyone any direct comparisons between the SP's, 40's and G'Year F1 Eagles?

I would recommend the Nexen's N3000 they are a very good tyre and you can get them quite cheap. I have had them on for about 3 months and they have not skipped a beat at all. They grip well in the wet and dry and the road noise is very good.

I would recommend the Nexen's N3000 they are a very good tyre and you can get them quite cheap. I have had them on for about 3 months and they have not skipped a beat at all. They grip well in the wet and dry and the road noise is very good.

Ive got the Nexen N3000 tyres ( size 225/40/18 y ) and yep very good tyre indeed in wet and dry well worth the money that you can get them for..and also v quiet aswell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links