Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Lowering Springs

Rob's Lexx

Hi all.

I'm hoping to fit these TTE/Eibach lowering springs on Saturday.

Can anyone post the link to the how to fitting guide as i can't find it in the workshop section (even though i've seen it before :unsure: )

Also, is there anything to be extra careful about or anything to do in advance (e/g WD40 etc etc)??

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers.

out of interest, i've heard that when fitting springs and then driving for the 1st time, there may be 4 loud clunks from the springs setting in place.....

is this normal??

Never heard of that before Rob when i did my springs i never got any noise from them when first fitted or after? but then i got some TTE Coilovers and there great :D

Are you fitting them matey or you got someone doing them for you?? :unsure:

me and my neighbour mate. he's a mechanic so got the spring compressor etc etc.

he should know what he's doing so i'll just provide and muscle work....lol.

just getting the car ready for a TTE bumper mate :winky: :shutit: :whistling:

1 thing i did with mine Rob was when you start doing it is to give the top centre nut a turn on each strut before you take the shocks off the car as there quite tight and a couple of mine where very tight and a pain to undo when off the car, But dont undo them all the way though as they hold the struts together just loosen them a bit to make it easier to undo when you get them off the car as i had to put mine in a vice to hold them after they were removed? Good luck with them matey :D

Oh and the TTE bumper is ready mate, i test fitted the nice new tte mesh today and looks very good :D i should of put it on when i had it fitted as it looks so much better than the mesh i fitted? :o

One thing I found when I did my GS300 front springs was that none of the ball joint splitters I had were big enough to go around the actual stud end of the ball joint. They are a pretty hefty size. A right :tsktsk:

right, some good advice there guys.

I guess this clunking noise i've heard about could well be the springs seating into position, but sure this can be avoided by alligning them correctly in the 1st place??

@ Chris.....you have pm matey :winky:

Good luck with this mate,

How much did you pay for a set of them springs?

I really want to lower mine, it just seems to sit sooo high when I see on my driveway! :S

Good luck with this mate,

How much did you pay for a set of them springs?

I really want to lower mine, it just seems to sit sooo high when I see on my driveway! :S

cheers fella.

got them from Chris Shipley and i think they were about £135 brand new :winky:

Mine are going on next week woohoo, along with some nice TTE roll bars

how much can you pick the roll bars up for matey??

Got them 2nd hand off an old LOC member

but what about a brand spanker new price matey??

Last time i checked they were in the region of £360

Mine are going on next week woohoo, along with some nice TTE roll bars

how much can you pick the roll bars up for matey??

Got them 2nd hand off an old LOC member

but what about a brand spanker new price matey??

Last time i checked they were in the region of £360

:unsure: tis a tad pricey me thinks...

I'm hoping to fit these TTE/Eibach lowering springs on Saturday.

Well, it's Saturday afternoon now, so I hope the job's going OK, Rob.

well been a bit of a delay fitting them as my neighbour had to go out on a car recovery just as we were getting started. hoping he'll be back soon so we can get them done, if not t'will be tomorrow i guess :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links