Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Lowering Springs

Rob's Lexx

Honestly mate i think you need to have the Geometry checked......... Regardless of the height issue. We can safely take things from there.

so is it likely the two are related?? i.e geometry and height issues??

is there anywhere you could reccomend in the midlans? or failing that, i could drive to you this weekend if you have space for me :unsure:

I think the camber is wrong and this will change the attitude of the body..... As for a centre is Oldham near to you?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in leicester matey. Oldham is 1hr 50 from me, hemel hempstead is 1hr 40. if there's nowhere any closer that you could reccomend, i'd prefer to come to see the doc himself.....assuming you can fit me in.

I leave for the states on 18th, so would like to get it looked at before then, but realistically can only do weekends.....

any help much appreciated tony.

cheers

rob

I live in leicester matey. Oldham is 1hr 50 from me, hemel hempstead is 1hr 40. if there's nowhere any closer that you could reccomend, i'd prefer to come to see the doc himself.....assuming you can fit me in.

I leave for the states on 18th, so would like to get it looked at before then, but realistically can only do weekends.....

cheers

rob

Ok mate..... If we are talking this weekend what time are you looking for?

cheers

rob

whenever you can fit me in tony. I'm just grateful of the short notice appointment. It'll take me a couple of hours to get there, weather and traffic permitting, so early afternoon saturday or sunday (if ur open on sundays of course).

cheers

rob

whenever you can fit me in tony. I'm just grateful of the short notice appointment. It'll take me a couple of hours to get there, weather and traffic permitting, so early afternoon saturday or sunday (if ur open on sundays of course).

Thanks....You have a pm.

just a quick update.

i've not long got back from having my geometry sorted by tony (WIM).

The initial readings showed everything was way out and all over the shop. The worst of it was the extreme negative rear toe and as a result of everything the steering wheel allignment was way off.

After tony worked his magic (and explained everything thoroughly to me), i set off home. Its made an immediate improvement in handling sensitivity and cornering ability. really impressed with it!!

The ride height issue has been corrected somewhat and the two sides seemed to have levelled up a little (although the NSR is slightly higher). This could just be some assymetry with the rear arches, or just that particukar spring taking slightly longer to settle.

either way, the handling is GREAT, the look is SO MUCH BETTER and i'm a much happier camper!! :D :D :D

cheers tony. :D

That's good news Rob...... Now you know why i warn owners after a full Geometry to take it easy for a few miles and get used to the car again.

Although your car fought me all the way we did manage to achieve a very balanced calibration so i am very pleased for you.

Additionally you have the offer for us to re-calibrate the entire chassis again for £30 once the springs have completely settled.

That's good news Rob...... Now you know why i warn owners after a full Geometry to take it easy for a few miles and get used to the car again.

Although your car fought me all the way we did manage to achieve a very balanced calibration so i am very pleased for you.

Additionally you have the offer for us to re-calibrate the entire chassis again for £30 once the springs have completely settled.

cheers tony. i'll definitely be taking you up on that mate.

thanks again.

rob