Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Regarding Personalised Number Plate

A word of warning to all those with doctored/show number plates. As my son recently found out number plates are now included in the MOT. His rear plate was correctly spaced and of the right size but did not have the BS au number on it so it failed the MOT.

In regards to spacing out the letters, i see alot of cars out there that have a letter and then a space and then the remaining part of their registration number. Even if its spaced out, the number is still the same at the end of the day so police etc can still look up the reg on the system

I think its all luck of the draw as to weather or not you will get pulled over by the police, if your driving like a madman and you get pulled over for that then they will more than likely do you for plates as well. if you drive normally they may not pull you over just for the plates but if they are not busy then they might! I have a personalised plate and everything is in the correct place, however when i had the plates made up i ordered them through a friend and i told him to space them as close together while staying legal. They are spaced as close together so the read as one word, and have been cut shorter, i have checked the dvla website and i think my plates are illegal even though i asked for them to be spaced correctly.

If you go to the link in my sig you will see better pics of the plates :whistling:

Jason :P