Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI there I am new to this forum looking for help with my 1993 GS300. Here's the story. I was getting onto the freeway about 2 weeks ago and gassing it to get around another slower vehicle. As I started to excelerate the car just died as if the engine only lost gas feed or something. Now I am unable to start or drive for that matter the car. I so far have checked for spark (good), I am getting gas as far as I can tell, and checked all fuses and links (good), I have also taken the alternator out and taken it to be tested (good). I am at my wits end. Please if someone else has had this or a similar problem give me some ideas to steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

HI there I am new to this forum looking for help with my 1993 GS300. Here's the story. I was getting onto the freeway about 2 weeks ago and gassing it to get around another slower vehicle. As I started to excelerate the car just died as if the engine only lost gas feed or something. Now I am unable to start or drive for that matter the car. I so far have checked for spark (good), I am getting gas as far as I can tell, and checked all fuses and links (good), I have also taken the alternator out and taken it to be tested (good). I am at my wits end. Please if someone else has had this or a similar problem give me some ideas to steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

HI, just have a few mins,try to check your cam belt teeth,or your timing pick up sensor.

HI, just have a few mins,try to check your cam belt teeth,or your timing pick up sensor.

The cam teeth look ok and the belt all looked ok now I would just have to locate the timing sensor. Is it located in the distributor or on the timing belt case it self???

The cam teeth look ok and the belt all looked ok now I would just have to locate the timing sensor. Is it located in the distributor or on the timing belt case it self???

check around the fly wheel housing,do u have any warning lights up or codes

My check engine light was coming on every once in a while but since then I had run the battery down and when I do the sefl diagnostic it just blinks no codes.

How many times.THE BLINKING IS THE CODE.The codes come up if the eng over heats, low oil in eng and g/box,and air flow,

Th car light will blink on and off without ever stopping to tell you the system is opperating correctly that is the only code I get. The car has enough oil and didn't overheat. The only hint I have is another poster I saw a little bit ago that says that The Throttle Possition Sensor controls gas shutoff and stuff like that so I figured maybe that might be it but with out the codes it is extremly hard to diagnose

My check engine light was coming on every once in a while but since then I had run the battery down and when I do the sefl diagnostic it just blinks no codes.

How many times.THE BLINKING IS THE CODE.The codes come up if the eng over heats, low oil in eng and g/box,and air flow,

Th car light will blink on and off without ever stopping to tell you the system is opperating correctly that is the only code I get. The car has enough oil and didn't overheat. The only hint I have is another poster I saw a little bit ago that says that The Throttle Possition Sensor controls gas shutoff and stuff like that so I figured maybe that might be it but with out the codes it is extremly hard to diagnose

OK,Take out the main 15amp fuse, [for10 sec]refit ,then count how many blinks.The blinks should be about 1 sec apart.any blinks longer than 1sec is the next code and so on,eg[4 blinks then2 sec later5 blinks]the code would be 4.5 ,so count every sec until it repeats.your throttle pos sensor work off your air flow sencor and will bring up a code.[when 15amp fuse is removed ,it clears the faults] also check your exhaust sencor because that also works with the throttle sencor.hope this helps.TERRY

OK,Take out the main 15amp fuse, [for10 sec]refit ,then count how many blinks.The blinks should be about 1 sec apart.any blinks longer than 1sec is the next code and so on,eg[4 blinks then2 sec later5 blinks]the code would be 4.5 ,so count every sec until it repeats.your throttle pos sensor work off your air flow sencor and will bring up a code.[when 15amp fuse is removed ,it clears the faults] also check your exhaust sencor because that also works with the throttle sencor.hope this helps.TERRY

Terry I thank you for all the help. The light blinks one second apart forever neverchanges i have counted it all the way up to 200 blinks and no change. 1 second apart. What main 15 amp fuse are you refering to???

Terry I thank you for all the help. The light blinks one second apart forever neverchanges i have counted it all the way up to 200 blinks and no change. 1 second apart. What main 15 amp fuse are you refering to???

Under the bonet,the panel of fuses,read the under side,the IGN FUSE 15AMP,To get the codes up ,connect a wire from your diagnostic plug B1To B3, ANDyour codes come up[if u unable to get them up ,check the hand book or w/shop manual]I'm back to work Thursday next week, iwill check it out ,and let u know TERRY

Under the bonet,the panel of fuses,read the under side,the IGN FUSE 15AMP,To get the codes up ,connect a wire from your diagnostic plug B1To B3, ANDyour codes come up[if u unable to get them up ,check the hand book or w/shop manual]I'm back to work Thursday next week, iwill check it out ,and let u know TERRY

Please let me know what engine u have so that i can get all the codes.

I have the 3.0 DOHC Strait 6. Thanks again.

CHECK ENGINE eg[4AJE]U WILL FIND IT ON CAM BELT COVER OR ON ENGINE PLATE,

What is eg[4AJE]?? you mean look for the the engine id number???

Hi ,this is the engine the book comes up with 7MGE, JUST CHECK IF IT SAME.Also look at the back of your diagnostic cover and check if u have TE1,T1,E1.TERRY.

Hi ,this is the engine the book comes up with 7MGE, JUST CHECK IF IT SAME.Also look at the back of your diagnostic cover and check if u have TE1,T1,E1.TERRY.

It is and I do...Those are the same terminals I have been using.

ok ,so lets get the codes up,Get a bridge wire and bridge TE1 TO T1, THEN CHECK THE CODE.Do the same with TE1 TO E1, AND READ THE CODE. :D

That's what I am trying to explain it only blinks every 1 second and never stops. There are no codes stored anymore. I went thru those tests but I will try again as soon as we have breakfast and feed the kids. ok.

ok ,so lets get the codes up,Get a bridge wire and bridge TE1 TO T1, THEN CHECK THE CODE.Do the same with TE1 TO E1, AND READ THE CODE. :D

That's what I am trying to explain it only blinks every 1 second and never stops. There are no codes stored anymore. I went thru those tests but I will try again as soon as we have breakfast and feed the kids. ok.

That test checks all your systems, and u not getting a feed back, look at your ECU conections,I think its under the seat.

That test checks all your systems, and u not getting a feed back, look at your ECU conections,I think its under the seat.

My only concern is that the Battery was disconected and I think it erased the codes from the (ECU) I will try getting the codes doing the procedure you detailed . I will let you know. Thank you againg for all of your help.