Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lcd Tv & Tv Cabinet

Hi everybody

First of all hope you all had a great christmas and new year. And wishing you all a healthy, happy 2008!!

Now the question.....

My mum and dad have a old mahogany tv cabinet which current houses a 26" Sayno tv. The speakers really are on there last legs. They would really like a 32" lcd but the problem is after measuring the tv cabinet up it is only 21.5" high and 32" wide.

Is there anyway that anybody can think of to make a 32" tv fit in this tv cabinet. Before anybody says throw the tv cabinet away....my dad is happy to do this but my mum will just not part with it.

Absolutely any ideas welcome!!

Regards

Gary

Hi

Unfortuantly I haven't and can't get for a while a picture of the cabinet. However I can describe it.

Basically it is in kind of two sections.

Top section - Double doors that open to reveal the tv, there is no back to this section.

Bottom section - Is a pull down door - which houses a Sky+ box and dvd player. This section has a back section with a circular hole to run wires through.

Hope this helps.

BTW - The only kind of idea I have is to some how use a wall mount kind of thing to mount it in - because a 32" with stand makes it to high.

Regards

Gary

Hi

Unfortuantly I haven't and can't get for a while a picture of the cabinet. However I can describe it.

Basically it is in kind of two sections.

Top section - Double doors that open to reveal the tv, there is no back to this section.

Bottom section - Is a pull down door - which houses a Sky+ box and dvd player. This section has a back section with a circular hole to run wires through.

Hope this helps.

BTW - The only kind of idea I have is to some how use a wall mount kind of thing to mount it in - because a 32" with stand makes it to high.

Regards

Gary

Is the cabinet big enough for the tv with out the stand the tv comes with?

I.E are you just looking for some kinda way to hold the tv in the cabinet coz with the stand attached its to big?

I had same problem, had a 28 inch but wanted a 37 inch so the cabinet had to go. But with yours if you double check all the measurements in centimetres you should be able to get a 32 inch in there. Also look at the cabinet and see of the front facia bits come away ot if the catches that keep the doors closed ( usually magnetic ) can eb removed. You need to measure the maximum measurements of the cabinet inside. I did this a couple of months ago on my mum's cabinet and looked through Argos catalogue and found there were about two 32 inch LCD TVs that fit. It depends where the speakers are on the new TV as to whether it's height or width that will cause the problem.

Is the cabinet big enough for the tv with out the stand the tv comes with?

I.E are you just looking for some kinda way to hold the tv in the cabinet coz with the stand attached its to big?

Hi dazz

Yes that is the exact problem. The tv will fit without the stand but without the stand how can I get it in the cabinet.

Regards

Gary

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links